Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Palpable Lymph Node in Neck - How normal is this?

Re: Palpable Lymph Node in Neck - How normal is this?

Quote Originally Posted by tsmc223 View Post
    I just wonder after the irritation I caused by poking... if the lymph node still has a chance to reduce and go down a bit? I can see a tiny bump if I bend my neck a lot. But it's barely noticeable.
    If it’s barely noticeable that’s normal. If you stop touching it, it will likely just go down but you have to stop touching it. And as I said before, if you’re still that worried, get another medical opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fizzymoon86 View Post
    If it’s barely noticeable that’s normal. If you stop touching it, it will likely just go down but you have to stop touching it. And as I said before, if you’re still that worried, get another medical opinion

It’s normal to kind of see it when I bend my neck a lot? Okay good to know. I guess either I swelled it up by poking or it could’ve been like that and I just never noticed. Ugh hoping this will just end

Quote Originally Posted by tsmc223 View Post
    It’s normal to kind of see it when I bend my neck a lot? Okay good to know. I guess either I swelled it up by poking or it could’ve been like that and I just never noticed. Ugh hoping this will just end
    I can see mine and mine are normal so you’re all good there. And saying you’re bending your neck a lot has me worried you’re now going to strain your neck by trying to become a contortionist or something so please try and relax

Quote Originally Posted by fizzymoon86 View Post
    I can see mine and mine are normal so you’re all good there. And saying you’re bending your neck a lot has me worried you’re now going to strain your neck by trying to become a contortionist or something so please try and relax

Your replies are honestly a lifesaver. You can see yours too?! I guess healthy and normal people CAN see their lymph nodes sometimes even when they're not swollen.

And honestly, I can only "see" it if I bend my neck a lot.... like I stick it out towards the mirror and I'm thin. Also even then, it's barely noticeable. When I shine a flashlight from a different angle on my neck, then I can "see it" like a bean sized raised part, but when I turn on the lights, it's not even noticeable.

I should probably stop twisting... as there have been a few times where my neck felt sore or like I tore something. Thanks for your replies

Question How many of you have palpable lymph nodes?

I think it's safe to say a lot of us have palpable lymph nodes, including myself, which I have gotten checked by doctors and they told me everything was normal. Yet, still I worry because that's just anxiety for you.

My question is how many of you have palpable lymph nodes? Mine are either pea or kidney bean sized. I feel like it's more common than we think... it's just some of us notice after we fear the C word and start examine our body. In fact, last night I was massaging my boyfriend's neck and felt a small bean sized ball thing which I assume is a lymph node. Kind of feels like mine but he has more fat around his neck as Im extremely skinny and he is considered more fit. But, it's there and he wasn't worried about it (since he doesn't have crippling health anxiety). It just seems a lot of us worry about nodes that are in our neck/groin/armpit that we can't even see but only feel. I just feel like there are people out there who do have nodes they could feel if they look for it... they just don't look for it.

I think I'm at the end of this and I really really hope this is the end of this nonsense that I am worrying about. But now that I am aware of the node, I can kind of sea a small bump very tiny and barely noticeable when I turn my head in photos. Like only I can notice it, no one else can.

Guess what? I looked back on a video of me singing with a friend back in 2017. 2017!!!! And you will never believe what I can see. The tiny lymph node.... same spot....same size. I'm almost positive that's what it is. It's in the exact same position. Maybe it really has been there longer than I noticed. I really really hope this is the end of this months-long worry.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

So if you haven’t seen some of my past posts, I’ve been extremely worried about this lymph node on the right side of my neck. I noticed that I can kind of see it when I turn my neck a lot, but it’s barely noticeable. Anyway, I found a video of me singing from FOUR YEARS ago!! And guess what!? I had turned my neck in the video and saw where it was a little raised in the exact spot I see and feel it now.
    I guess it’s been there for quite some time and I just never noticed. Mind you, I saw two docs recently who said it was normal and yet I still worried. The worry is still there but I think (and hope) it’s safe to say that I’m getting over this worry after finding that video of myself. I guess we can just have palpable lymph nodes. I’m honestly quite relieved a bit. And really hope I can 100% put this to rest.

Well - although the worry is less now, I still worry and check it but not as much. I hope that what I saw in the video is similar to what I see now when I look in the mirror. A barely noticeable bump where the node is. It's really only "visible" if a light shines a certain way. Its pretty hard to see unlesss I turn my neck a lot but yeah, the video I found from years ago shows that same thing. Maybe I've really had this node for a long time and never noticed...

I wanted to update you all on myself:

- I've let go of the worry. I think it's safe to say I overreacted and panicked because 1) I found a video of myself from 2017 with the same barely visible bump on my neck when I turn it and 2) it hasn't grown or changed since I first found it. (I think its gotten smaller/less noticeable now that I stopped poking it).

- It's been a full week and I haven't touched it once!!!!! This is the longest I've gone without poking it since I first discovered it. I know that's ridiculous but I'm going to continue not to poke at it! I did check it very lightly today and it seems less firm and squishier. Barely even noticeable! I guess poking at it does aggravate it!

- I got my COVID vaccine today and am feeling great!!

- I think I can finally let go of this worry. Thank you to all who helped me during my lymph node worry. I'm glad it's finally (and hopefully) over!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information