Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robins after death?

Robins after death?

Has anybody noticed the presence of a robin when a person has died? I'm not the only one to notice this. My aunt and uncle were close and a robin appears in her garden regular and hangs around. During a family BBQ the robin appeared too.

My partner noticed a robin when my Dad died. I didn't take much notice. But, her friend lost her Dad a couple weeks ago and the other day had the precense of a robin that was hovering around her while she walked the dog. She thought it was very strange and took some pictures.

Is this something others have experienced?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Robins after death?

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Has anybody noticed the presence of a robin when a person has died? I'm not the only one to notice this. My aunt and uncle were close and a robin appears in her garden regular and hangs around. During a family BBQ the robin appeared too.

My partner noticed a robin when my Dad died. I didn't take much notice. But, her friend lost her Dad a couple weeks ago and the other day had the precense of a robin that was hovering around her while she walked the dog. She thought it was very strange and took some pictures.

Yes, I have.

My Partner lost her mother in 2015. Wherever and whenever we go anywhere we always seem to see a Robin.
    This isn't something that I'd of thought I'd believe in, but it definitely happens. They seem to follow and watch us.
    My Partner has also had a white feather land at her feet a few times when she/us have had a major problem going on with something.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post

Yes definitely, my friends dad passed away a few years back & every morning there has been a robin sitting on the patio, the same has now happened to me when my dad passed.
    Last edited by Redsmum; 16-02-21 at 14:24. Reason: Forgot to add something

And yes the white feather thing also, since my mother in law died there is often a white feather or a white butterfly around my french doors when we mention her

I don't believe in that stuff but I've actually had a couple of experiences concerning feathered animals after someone passed. I lost a dear friend many years ago. We used to go fishing together all the time. After the funeral I went to one of our favorite fishing holes. While I was sitting there a small bird (some kind of sparrow) landed just a couple of feet from me and sat there calmly watching me for quite a period of time... just hanging out watching me. It gave me comfort to think it may have been him although I know it wasn't.

The other incident was interesting. One of my musical buddies passed a few years ago. A bunch of local music friends did a memorial/fundraiser show for his wife an family at a local venue he and his wife (and many of us) played often. When it was my turn to take the stage, I went to get set up and right where I was supposed to be was a small white feather. I picked it up and kept it. Then, several months later when I played the same venue, I was packing up and putting things in my SUV and a similar small white feather blew into the rear hatch as I was putting things in. Mind you, it was winter and the birds aren't very active then. Certainly made me go "Hmmmm"

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    My Partner lost her mother in 2015. Wherever and whenever we go anywhere we always seem to see a Robin.
    This isn't something that I'd of thought I'd believe in, but it definitely happens. They seem to follow and watch us.
    My Partner has also had a white feather land at her feet a few times when she/us have had a major problem going on with something.
    I got goosebumps then. This happened to my partner a couple weeks back (around the time her nanna died actually). Her nanna died just over a year ago and her grandad was ignoring my partner. She didn't know why, they last they spoke everything was fine. She was getting annoying and was about to send her grandad a strongly worded text but a white feather landed on her phone. She said "That's my nanna". I didn't understand what she meant but I didn't say anything. Now you've mentioned that it's freaked me. They're talking now, but that feather avoided a potentially difficult and rocky situation.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I don't believe in that stuff but I've actually had a couple of experiences concerning feathered animals after someone passed. I lost a dear friend many years ago. We used to go fishing together all the time. After the funeral I went to one of our favorite fishing holes. While I was sitting there a small bird (some kind of sparrow) landed just a couple of feet from me and sat there calmly watching me for quite a period of time... just hanging out watching me. It gave me comfort to think it may have been him although I know it wasn't.

The other incident was interesting. One of my musical buddies passed a few years ago. A bunch of local music friends did a memorial/fundraiser show for his wife an family at a local venue he and his wife (and many of us) played often. When it was my turn to take the stage, I went to get set up and right where I was supposed to be was a small white feather. I picked it up and kept it. Then, several months later when I played the same venue, I was packing up and putting things in my SUV and a similar small white feather blew into the rear hatch as I was putting things in. Mind you, it was winter and the birds aren't very active then. Certainly made me go "Hmmmm"

Positive thoughts
    Or it maybe was Either way though it's super interesting reading your story.

Since posting this I've found some interesting videos of just this:

Please keep discussing, this is fascinating.

☪️️

Hi , weirdly yes , I lost my mum in September and when I went to the lake where her ashes are I stood on a jetty looking out , when a turned around a Robin was sat on a post right next to me staring at me , it was about four feet away and we stood looking at each other for while , it was quite comforting, my brother and my mums best friend have both seen it as well in the same place , here she is .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Hi , weirdly yes , I lost my mum in September and when I went to the lake where her ashes are I stood on a jetty looking out , when a turned around a Robin was sat on a post right next to me staring at me , it was about four feet away and we stood looking at each other for while , it was quite comforting, my brother and my mums best friend have both seen it as well in the same place , here she is .
    Buster thank you for sharing that. This is beautiful.

☪️️

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information