Thread: Erictile Dysfunction worry

Erictile Dysfunction worry

Hi all, I suffer with anxiety but have done so well of late until this. I am 36 and on Sertraline and do not get as erect as I used to. This may have been going on for a while but I googled and now im concerned I have heart issues or something. I still have sex with my wife and get hard enough but not completely solid. I had full bloods and a quick doctors ecg 2 months ago so hopefully there are no real issues with blood flow. I have messaged the doctor but this is a great place that helps me. Anyone else had similar? I now worry if i masturbate and think more about how hard I am etc. Maybe the tablets dont help

Re: Erictile Dysfunction worry

Hi mate. As you've had full bloods and an ecg etc... anything remotely sinister would have been picked up and you would have been contacted.

I've been on Sertraline for a while and have had pretty much the same issue. I believe it's a common side affect of Sertraline and other similar medication.

We are the same age, so could be aging thing but I put mine down to the meds. There is no shame in using medication to boost things down there, as long as it's compatible with your Sertraline.

Sertraline affects me in lots of ways and I'm not entirely sure it's the right one for me.

I tell you what will make it worse, worrying about it and googling.

It's just one of those things, could be anything. The more you worry about it, the more of a problem it will be. Anxiety alone can cause 'the big soft'.

Just get on with it!

Absolubte legends both!
    Paul, thanks for the reply! I think it has been like this for a while and I am overthinking again! Sertraline was a life saver but may contribute to this, it has also made me a little more lifeless. I think worrying about it every time won't help with things. Im also not a horny teenager anymore that only needs to look at a woman to get one haha.
    Joe, good advice. Thanks
    If I couldn't have sex at all then I would be more worried lol.

Just to confirm the bloods and ecg were nothing to do with this. Completely unrelated so the doctors dont know.

I put in details to my doctors and now feel a bit silly. I got a text saying I would get a call in 8th March. May cancel as worry nore knowing I have to talk to someone.

Pretty common side effect of SSRIs

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information