Thread: Short term use only?

Short term use only?

I’m prone to worrying anyhow.... but I’ve been taking this 3 times a day for over two years. It seems nice recommend it for short term use only.

should I be asking for a change? Maybe I should be ask8ng why they’ve not changed it already??

Any ideas? 🥺🥺

Re: Short term use only?

Quote Originally Posted by Tina777 View Post
    I’m prone to worrying anyhow.... but I’ve been taking this 3 times a day for over two years. It seems nice recommend it for short term use only.
    to NMP,

NICE and the NHS don't seem to be fans of buspirone for some reason. While it is one of a number of meds which work well for some and not at all for most there is little evidence that tolerance is much of an issue when it does. There are people who have been taking it for decades.

That said, guidelines for most anxiety meds recommend they be discontinued after 12 months if the patient has been mostly symptom free for the past 3 months. So weaning off it is worth discussing with your GP if this was your first bout of anxiety. There's no point in taking a med that you may no longer need. However, if you've been on meds previously for anxiety and relapsed after discontinuing treatment and buspirone is still working well for you then there is a good argument for staying on it.

Thanks ����

My anxiety hasn’t ever really gone away. Buspirone and pregablin calm it down but it’s always in the background. I’m just being typically anxious ����

I love your diy COVID test!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tina777 View Post
    My anxiety hasn’t ever really gone away. Buspirone and pregablin calm it down but it’s always in the background. I’m just being typically anxious
    Imo, there is little point in taking meds which don't fix the problem they're being taken for. Neither buspirone, or pregabalin are first line anxiety meds. While there are no guarantees antidepressants, or therapy, ideally both, are more likely to work as they address the underlying brain problem. Buspirone and pregabalin are merely bandaids.

Thread Information