Thread: Motion Sensitivity

Motion Sensitivity

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has this.
    It's difficult to describe but you feel like your moving or off balance in your head when there is no need to be.
    A common one is in a car when it stops, you still feel the car moving.
    In the bath when the water moves you feel like you are moving with the water.
    Looking up at the clouds moving might make you feel unbalanced.
    Even something on the tv like a car chase.
    In a shop when you browse and move items on a rail that sway, you feel the sway too.

There are exercises to help this and I would be interested to here if anyone has or had this and whether anyone has tried the exercises and it has helped.

Re: Motion Sensitivity

I think we've all had this happen at one time or another. 99.9% of the time we shrug it off and go about our business. My belief is that with anxiety and the hyper-focusing tendencies that come along with it concerning many bodily anomalies (floaters, niggles and such) results in it becoming an issue. Your focus on these things is well documented so..... You ask what to do and that comes down to what's been said through the years. Keep working toward improving how you react to everyday life situations and always take a step forward regardless if you encounter two steps back

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 18-02-21 at 11:26.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for the reply FMP.
    I do just that, carry on, push through, mutter to myself it's just a perception.
    I tried the so called exercises but they seem to me more aimed at vertigo and that's not what it is.
    I do a rigorous workout everyday and some gentle yoga.
    It's the arguments with my brain that are so tiresome.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head with working on how we react to these things.
    Hope you are enjoying your new family member FMP. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Hope you are enjoying your new family member FMP. ��
    Yeah... he's a sweetie. We've been slowly introducing Socrates to him and while he's still too alert and seemingly on the verge of aggression, I think/hope we can overcome it. Socrates is so chill and curious and just wants to say hi. We started giving them treats in front of each other and food seems to be a motivating and positive influence. He starts obedience training next week and hopefully that will help. He doesn't know basic commands (sit, stay, etc.) but I was able to start teaching him "sit" yesterday. One thing I learned is he doesn't like being told "no!" ~lol~ I had to discipline him a bit and he grumbled/growled when I did so. He was raised with an old woman and apparently was the alpha and got his way all the time so he's going to have to get used to myself and Socrates in the pecking order But overall, he really is a sweet little dog. I hope we can make things work.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So pleased for you FMP

I know it's sounds easy and it's not but it IS about how we react to these sensations and arguing with your brain will give the sensations significance with resulting anxiety.

Keep calm and carry on is another platitude (yuck!) but it's spot on here.

I used to get this on a daily basis but now it’s a lot less often, this said it happened Tuesday while I was doing a deal with a chap I buy from every week , we were chatting outside and it was cold which puts me on edge because my asthma flares up in damp cold conditions , any way we were having a bit of banter and I started laughing, a lot , this made me panic a bit , laughing can trigger asthma and anxiety and telling which is which isn’t easy other than one kills you the other just makes you look a tit , anyway carried on trying to stay cool and I lent on his house and there it was it felt like I was pushing the house across his garden , it actually felt like the house was moving, once I was on my way home and safe from moving houses it all calmed down , I also get it on trams when they move off and I feel out of control, my head goes into a spin a bit like when you’ve had too much to drink and you try to lay down spinning room .
    I think eventually you just accept it for what it is a temporary uncomfortable feeling that does pass .
    Or I could be completely wrong and I actually have the power to move houses with one hand

I get this when looking up and when high up. But I'm fine high up unless there is less ground so it's when I'm at the top of the stairs or up a ladder.

I guess it's a vertigo thing? But anxiety, reaction to symptoms, lack of confidence, need for control, etc can all play their part.

Things like this happen to everyone. Sometimes I might get up and not have enough balance due to position but just having a wobble moment when standing up seems to happen occassionally.

Tiredness, brain fog, headaches, dehydration, low blood sugar, etc are bound to influence these things. And like Buster I can say weather is a factor too.

Thanks for the replies... Pulisa, Buster, Terry.

It seems the best way to handle this symptom is to just dismiss it and carry on with whatever you are doing.
    I think it's when it takes you by surprise or you are in someone's company it can be annoying, like your house story Buster. Although the other person wouldn't be aware of what you are feeling and we would be unlikely to tell them.
    But it seems a very common symptom / feeling and to a certain extent, quite unexplainable.
    Terry its interesting that you named some causes. And tiredness seems to be a trigger for me. Excitement for me to, although that's quite rare these days, lol.
    Like you say Pulisa it's not easy but keeping calm and carrying on is the answer and we should be used to doing that, we certainly have a lot of practice.

Thread Information