Hello all - for my whole life I have had a goiter with multiple nodules on it. I have an ultrasound every year just to keep an eye on the nodules. This last one showed that 2 of the 4 nodules have grown quite a bit since last year. I mean, they always grow a LITTLE bit, but this time they grew a lot. They aren't huge, 1 CM each, the concern is mostly that they started growing more rapidly. They also said they were TR4 nodules, which is "moderately suspicious". I am having a fine needle aspiration (FNA) on March 1st to determine what it is. This is really just sinking me back into a spiral. I've done pretty well with only the occasional, short-lived, mole freak out, but this one is really bugging me. I know in my head that this one is usually slow growing and almost always curable. Honestly that doesn't bug me so much. I also know that even beating it, the odds of it recurring or having another kind after that, are kind of high. THAT is what is bugging me - ending up with something worse. SOO many people say Oh well if it IS this one, it's the "good" cancer to have. Seeing BOTH Of my parents die last year, within 4 days of each other from cancer (lung and esophageal), I don't consider ANY cancer to be a "good" kind. UGH!