Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lump under arm

I think the lymph node is gone? Or smaller?

Ok I'm hoping someone can relate. I recently had a bought with HA over a armpit node that I think was inflamed. As usual I poked until it became very sore. I just checked slightly this morning and I believe it's either normal or much smaller. However the HA in me wants to dig in to be sure. Surely I'd be able to feel it by gently checking, if it were sinister right? The soreness is gone so now I'm leery to push hard. Can anyone relate? I know I'm being silly. I should just be happy I cant feel it 🤦🏼*♀️

Re: I think the lymph node is gone? Or smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by Heather1234 View Post
    I recently had a bought with HA over a armpit node that I think was inflamed. As usual I poked until it became very sore.
    You're absolutely sure it was a node and not a zit?

Well it was under the skin lol it moved and felt round. So pretty sure.lol however as with most HA I'm never sure 🤣 it wasnt a zit though.

I guess I'm just wondering. If my node was swollen I'd be able to feel without too much work right?

Heather1234

The way my doctor palpated for my "swollen" lymph node compared to how I was digging for it was so dramatically different that it sort of jolted me to the reality that I was allowing my brain to run amok. Doctors do not dig, press, poke or prod. They lightly, and I mean lightly, press their fingers on the surface of the skin. I thought my "swollen" lymph node was enormous and my doctor said to me as he's palpating, "Hey, I can't feel anything, I need you to show me where it is." I then dug down and he quickly dismissed it. I was also dating a nurse at the time and she said, "Swollen lymph nodes can be seen." If you're digging then you're worrying about nothing.

Best Wishes.

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Lump under arm

First, i posted almost 5 mos ago about this. Second, im really upswt with myself for letting my HA take over again.

Ok so soft moveable lump under arm. Id say smaller than a pea, but its longish, not round. Is tender. My breasts are tender all over right now. I start in about a week & get cysts. (My normal)
    If im in the shower (soaped up) and firmly slide my hand down my armpit, it feels bigger, maybe.

At this point im beyond logic. I go in june for my yearly & mammogram. (Ill be the big 40)

So, my question. If its something sinister it would he hard right? Im pretty sure my gyn doc said that once but again HA is disrupting my memory. 😔

And to make it all worse i have a fear of going to the doctor too.

Re: Lump under arm

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you

I have a cyst in my armpit. Size of a prominent pea. Right in the fold of the armpit that blew up (well, it didn't 'blow up' but became really prominent) when my milk came in after having my bebe. Before this, I had a squishy 50p sized ball of flesh which was diagnosed as accessory breast tissue. So anyway, I assumed when I felt the 'cyst' in my armpit that it was milk related. The consultant at the breast clinic thought it was a node. It was only until 2x ultrasounds later that its been confirmed (twice - same diagnosis) as a cyst. The cyst goes up and down - sometimes tiny, sometimes a firm, solid pea that is noticeable when looking in the mirror. Mine totally moves within the skin though and defo reacts to my period. Given that you have to push to find your lump, I would suspect its completely normal. Mine, to this day is really noticeable, ugly but totally innocent.

Thank you for the reply @bobb84. This side was my most painful when i breast fed. And i had some odd stuff going on near my arpit in this area too. Its kinda odd how i forgot! My youngest is 11 & tbh i didnt have HA then (or google at my finger tips 🤦🏼*♀️&#128514 So i never even asked about it. Wish i had now.lol

Sorry abt your cyst, but thankfully thats all it is 🙏🏻💕.

I think my is hormone related too, im praying it is at least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information