Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concerned about possible asbestos exposure for no specific reason.

Re: Concerned about possible asbestos exposure for no specific reason.

I’ve researched this, and if I am going to get mesothelioma, I can expect to get it any day now, as my potential exposure would have happened roughly 25-29 years ago. Getting mesothelioma at such a young age is not something I ever considered...
    Last edited by beq45; 23-02-21 at 21:50.

Any day day now eh? Bet a franklin (or ten) you're fine? Wadda ya say? I'll give you my PayPal link

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by beq45 View Post
    I was going to try to avoid doing this, but I think I’m going to ask my dad if he thinks anything might have had asbestos when he did renovations. I already asked him if the textured ceiling contains asbestos, because I remembered an HVAC cutting through the ceiling to install vents for the central air, but he said it is newer mud/drywall. Seeing as how my dad is pretty knowledgeable about home improvement and how asbestos has been viewed as a health threat since the 1970s, I imagine the potential for things to contain asbestos must have crossed his mind. Like I said, I know he had the old kitchen floor tested, and that was definitely asbestos-free, but my concern is mostly regarding the original walls and what was behind them. Also, the attic has fiberglass insulation, and the furnace definitely never had asbestos around it, so I can’t really think of anything else that would have contained asbestos besides the old walls and maybe some old wallpaper (regular paper, not vinyl, I believe).
    It sounds like your chances of having any asbestos contact from your house are very slim. That's a good idea to ask you dad so he can address your concerns directly and let you know how unlikely it is for mesothelioma to be a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information