Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Covid Variants

Re: Covid Variants

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    As for Covid and its variants:

STOP WHINING!

This is what happens when you elect populist idiots.
    Sadly I think many people are simply divorced from reality, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Bozzer and Keir, put your feet down now?

Actually they probably won't, they'll probably just shrug it off and say 'it's all about democracy and freedom of expression, innit'!!

On the other hand, we hardly hear of the BNP anymore. Even UKIP are now a pale shadow of their former selves without their beloved Farage as leader.

Seems politics in general these days is more about the party leaders themselves and their 'gimmicks' rather than the actual parties as a whole.

But sadly, Labour now seem to be tainted forever, regardless of leader.
    Many turned to UKIP over the EU. Once over they went back to Labour and the Tories. Then, along with the only real known person Farage leaving, they went further into racism. They sucked up some BNP supporters earlier, perhaps, but most of them probably headed the way of Tommy Robinson types.

Brexit killed off UKIP. Even Farage won't go back to them.

I remember one BNP councillor getting in around here but it was a right shitty area. Otherwise they never got anywhere in elections around here. They were more about certain places I reckon.

Funny that Farage has gone after starting down the anti lockdown route and now up pops Lawrence Fox for London mayor on that anti lockdown ticket. I wonder if this is Farage stepping aside?

Looks like the Markle variant might seek to target the most susceptible..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Looks like the Markle variant might seek to target the most susceptible..
    Especially as she is now one of many scapegoats for all that's wrong with contemporary society!!

At least we can't play the blame game on Princess Diana, as she has been brown bread since 1997, though I suppose those who believe in the paranormal could still blame the ghosts of her.

Seems like anything is possible nowadays!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Many turned to UKIP over the EU. Once over they went back to Labour and the Tories. Then, along with the only real known person Farage leaving, they went further into racism. They sucked up some BNP supporters earlier, perhaps, but most of them probably headed the way of Tommy Robinson types.

Brexit killed off UKIP. Even Farage won't go back to them.

I remember one BNP councillor getting in around here but it was a right shitty area. Otherwise they never got anywhere in elections around here. They were more about certain places I reckon.

Funny that Farage has gone after starting down the anti lockdown route and now up pops Lawrence Fox for London mayor on that anti lockdown ticket. I wonder if this is Farage stepping aside?
    UKIP made racism acceptable (well, to tabloid-reading morons anyway); it didn't have the air of street brawlers that the BNP had. Please don't try to tell me that the "Breaking Point" poster with Farage stood in front of it was anything else. Farage is just a grifter looking for whatever will earn him loads of coin for little effort - I see he's now popped up on Cameo. Heavens, the fact that Farage was rebuked by the Home Office - and let's not forget the nasty piece of work in charge of that - over his claims about immigrants bearing Covid should tell you something, quite apart from he's outlived his usefulness.

Lawrence Fox has competition in the mayoral sweepstakes from Brian Rose too.

UKIP made racism acceptable (well, to tabloid-reading morons anyway); it didn't have the air of street brawlers that the BNP had. Please don't try to tell me that the "Breaking Point" poster with Farage stood in front of it was anything else. Farage is just a grifter looking for whatever will earn him loads of coin for little effort - I see he's now popped up on Cameo. Heavens, the fact that Farage was rebuked by the Home Office - and let's not forget the nasty piece of work in charge of that - over his claims about immigrants bearing Covid should tell you something, quite apart from he's outlived his usefulness.

Just demonstrates how the gullible end up being roped into these political whims and fads.

Just a shame many school teachers have seemingly shied away from educating impressionable kids about the perils of misinformation in general.

In fact, I don't think many schools even bother with teaching religious education anymore, though I could be wrong, of course.

Won't he be popping up on the new Andrew Neal channel?

Yes, the poster was as you say. But people did rightly have concerns about the camp in France and who it may be hiding. Some reporters went in there to provide evidence of poor conditions to be attacked which only backed up those worries.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Won't he be popping up on the new Andrew Neal channel?

Yes, the poster was as you say. But people did rightly have concerns about the camp in France and who it may be hiding. Some reporters went in there to provide evidence of poor conditions to be attacked which only backed up those worries.
    Coupled with the fact that mainland Europe seemed to be in the grip of an epidemic of terrorist attacks at that time, and there was obviously (and understandably) a lot of disquiet about that on this side of the Channel.

What didn't help one jot was the media hyping it all up as per usual.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information