Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Variants

Re: Covid Variants

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I'm surprised no attention-seeking idiot know-it-alls still haven't yet said that Covid could be blown through the air outdoors by the wind.

Not that I personally believe it's possible anyway.
    Oh, a BTL commenter on the BBC several months ago made many, many posts to that effect - that it was being carried on the jet stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Oh, a BTL commenter on the BBC several months ago made many, many posts to that effect - that it was being carried on the jet stream.
    Plus of course there were those bats**t crazy claims about 5G masts spreading Covid last spring as well, and all the hysterical baying mobs destroying them plus physically and verbally abusing the service engineers, which we don't seem to hear of now, thank God.

I also remember about a year ago there was an epidemic of hate attacks on persons of Far Eastern appearance/
    origin, which also seemed to die down once the media had moved onto the next 'scapegoat'.

Plus of course there were those bats**t crazy claims about 5G masts spreading Covid last spring as well, and all the hysterical baying mobs destroying them plus physically and verbally abusing the service engineers, which we don't seem to hear of now, thank God.
    You probably don't hear about it because the media has got bored of it, but people are still out there convinced that 5G is killing wildlife and people.

I've noticed the BBC website doesn't appear to be giving the UK cases of the Brazilian variant quite as much welly right now as I originally anticipated. Having said that, apart from that one person whom the authorities are having difficulty tracing, all the other infectees (in both England and Scotland) are allegedly self-isolating, and quite rightly so.

Probably by about Thursday all this current malarkey about the Brazilian variant will no doubt be water under the bridge and the media will have moved on to the next 'big' stories, whatever they may be.

The press has given us the heads up and almost forced the governments hand on so many occasions from the start of this crappy mess.

I've no trust in Boris the buffoon and Matt w*nksock!

Like I've just mentioned on the main Covid discussion thread, the BBC today all of a sudden appear to have gone quiet over the Brazilian variant in the UK, whereas yesterday there was still endless wall-to-wall coverage of it.

So far, today, it all seems to be about the Budget and Sturgeon vs Salmond instead.

Likewise, no news reports of any further cases of the SA variant in the UK ATM (touch wood).

So they say, 'no news is good news'!!

Like I've just mentioned on the main Covid discussion thread, the BBC today all of a sudden appear to have gone quiet over the Brazilian variant in the UK, whereas yesterday there was still endless wall-to-wall coverage of it.

So far, today, it all seems to be about the Budget and Sturgeon vs Salmond instead.

Likewise, no news reports of any further cases of the SA variant in the UK ATM (touch wood).

So they say, 'no news is good news'!!
    All I saw circulating in the news early today was about Hancock and narrowing it down to 300 odd people. So it's probably a matter of work in progress with nothing given to them to use for a report.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    All I saw circulating in the news early today was about Hancock and narrowing it down to 300 odd people. So it's probably a matter of work in progress with nothing given to them to use for a report.
    They did also say that there's no evidence so far of any wider community spread of said variant, at least not in Scotland anyway.

However, the showdown between Sturgeon and Salmond, plus the Budget still remain today's foremost headlines, and all things Covid (for better or worse) seem to have slipped down the pecking order in today's national headlines.

So the elusive forgetful Brazilian variant spreader is still on the loose in the South East...but today is Rishi Sunak Day so a day's respite from the "personhunt".

No house raids in my road so hopefully Woking isn't being targeted again for a change.

Serco Test and Trace doing a fantastic job here.

All the win.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information