Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Variants

Re: Covid Variants

I doubt whether anything would be announced even if he were to die imminently. Especially with the infamous Roadmap about to be revealed.

According to the BBC website, unfortunately 6 cases of the Brazilian variant have officially been recorded in the UK. 3 in England, and 3 in Scotland.

All had arrived back from Brazil at the beginning of Feb (pre-quarantine rules), and 2 of the 3 affected in England allegedly first became infected on 10th Feb (more than a fortnight ago), but have been self-isolating. The third affected person in England cannot be traced unfortunately.

As the two 'known' English infectees are from the South Gloucestershire/Bristol area, surge testing is being ramped up in said area(s) as a precautionary measure.

See the BBC website for full details.

Cue panic and scaremongering on Digital Spy etc and Daily Fail headlines predicting failure of vaccine programme in the face of said variant..

The rest of us will just carry on as normal and avoid all the gleeful catastrophising.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Cue panic and scaremongering on Digital Spy etc and Daily Fail headlines predicting failure of vaccine programme in the face of said variant..

The rest of us will just carry on as normal and avoid all the gleeful catastrophising.
    Yeah, I bet you a tenner the Daily Fail, Daily Depress, Scum, etc, will be having a field day tomorrow and spewing out OTT scaremongering headlines.

For all we know so far, some (or possibly even all) of the infectees might already be on the road to recovery, as I'm sure the BBC said something about at least some of them testing positive on 10th Feb, which will be 3 weeks ago on Wednesday, but I read it can take several days for the tests to be fully analysed to reveal the precise variants of the virus, sometimes up to 2-3 weeks.

So I really hope it's not panic stations all over again, especially with all the more promising news over the past few days.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 28-02-21 at 21:26.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post

The 'i' and the Torygraph are leading with this but the Mail is bellyaching about half of the UK's police stations have shut in the last ten years. Conveniently forgetting that the party it cheer-leads for has been at the forefront of slashing the police budget and the number of police officers in the last ten years...

Tbh its during the course of this pandemic that I've realised just how far the media will go to make headlines. I mean I always knew that reality was distorted/exaggerated etc. to a degree. But hearing the truth from independent sources like our Dr Campbell, someone with no axe to grind or shady motives to lie, it just demonstrates how utterly deviant, false and manipulative mainstream media is.

This Brazilian variant on the BBC tonight. Apparently more contagious than the original virus. OMG run for the hills. No matter that we've been living with the UK variant which fits that criteria anyway and has been the pandemic here since about December.

Apparently, there's a new New York variant. Symptoms include being rude and saying "Yo" and "FU and your mutha!"

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Tbh its during the course of this pandemic that I've realised just how far the media will go to make headlines. I mean I always knew that reality was distorted/exaggerated etc. to a degree. But hearing the truth from independent sources like our Dr Campbell, someone with no axe to grind or shady motives to lie, it just demonstrates how utterly deviant, false and manipulative mainstream media is.

This Brazilian variant on the BBC tonight. Apparently more contagious than the original virus. OMG run for the hills. No matter that we've been living with the UK variant which fits that criteria anyway and has been the pandemic here since about December.
    (First paragraph) I've been gravely concerned about our mainstream media for donkeys years now, and I've voiced my concerns about it even 15-20 years ago, but others just seem to shrug it off and told me to get over it as they need to make money in order to survive, plus they lectured me on freedom of expression. I've also felt increasingly concerned in a similar fashion about films, TV dramas and popular music becoming more 'explicit', edgy and sensationalist since the 90s, where nearly everything has to be pushed to the max, but again, those close to me (including my own parents) have played the 'they need to sell products and make money' and 'free expression' cards endlessly since the 90s seemingly without really caring about the risks of such stuff corrupting young people. Just like with the daily papers.

(Second paragraph) You're correct, it's allegedly similar to the Kent variant which has become the dominant strain in the UK since late November-early December, and overall cases have been declining since the second week of January. We've also had/got the SA variant which still hasn't (touch wood) wreaked major havoc on our soil, plus the media generally seem to have gone quieter over it the past couple of weeks.

The Kent, SA and Brazilian variants all reportedly have similar properties and the BBC do almost always reiterate that there is still no evidence so far that the latter two in particular are any more harmful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    The 'i' and the Torygraph are leading with this but the Mail is bellyaching about half of the UK's police stations have shut in the last ten years. Conveniently forgetting that the party it cheer-leads for has been at the forefront of slashing the police budget and the number of police officers in the last ten years...
    Hypocrisy of the highest order!

Ten or more years earlier they were constantly harping on about 'Broken Britain'.

Though that's all for another thread.

I'm surprised no attention-seeking idiot know-it-alls still haven't yet said that Covid could be blown through the air outdoors by the wind.

Not that I personally believe it's possible anyway.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information