Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Variants

Re: Covid Variants

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    We know about them pretty much straight away in the UK as we have thorough screening for it. We HAVE to keep an eye on it to make sure we have vaccine efficacy.

John Campbell did say in one of his talks last week that it's very good news that the variants we've seen so far all look pretty similar, as it indicates that there are probably relatively few possible variations over time.

Oxford/AZ have also said they are on top of new variants with vaccine alterations in a matter of weeks. As things stand right now, it's pretty much a non-issue.
    That could very well be as to why the media seem to have piped down over it more so during the past couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    That could very well be as to why the media seem to have piped down over it more so during the past couple of weeks.
    I've never paid any attention to the media to be honest. From my late teens to mid twenties I was around 'famous' people quite a lot and saw how the media portray events. They are almost Universally parasitic bullsh1t merchants.

The reason that variants of coronavirus aren’t as severe as variants in something like influenza is down to the make up of the viruses.

Influenza viruses infect human cells in an absolute multitude of ways. Coronaviruses infect human cells by latching via spike proteins. Every single vaccine humanity has developed to fight this coronavirus has been specifically designed to nullify the spike protein. It can mutate as much as it damn well pleases, so long as we’re designing vaccines that interrupt it’s one and only way of infiltrating our cells then we have it beat.

The kicker is, if it mutates that spike protein enough eventually it will render it utterly ineffective at invading our cells. That’s the thing you really won’t hear from our lovey media, this virus can actually mutate itself out of existence, and it’s actually more likely that a coronavirus will do that as it really only has one means of infiltrating our cells.

Honestly, we’ve got this. It’ll take a few months, but the high efficacy of our early vaccines already shows that this is an enemy that can and will be beaten.

It's the usual media pattern. People get bored so they move onto something else.

It's how they earn their money.

I'm wondering what the hacks will focus on if Prince Philip dies shortly?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm wondering what the hacks will focus on if Prince Philip dies shortly?
    Every now and then they raise the coded project for his funeral in an attempt to grab some clicks.

Doubt many will be pleased how Charles is getting access inside a hospital at a time others can't see their dying loved ones because hospitals are still refusing them entry.

The Oprah interview might be timed conveniently

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's the usual media pattern. People get bored so they move onto something else.

It's how they earn their money.
    Yes, probably in about 6 months time they'll be focusing on the next big 'threat' or moral panic, or regurgitating past or existing panics such as terror threats, knife/gun crime, racial tensions, hard-right antics, teenage yob culture/ASB, binge drinking, drugs, economic crises, austerity, immigrants, troubles in the Middle East, North Korea, Russia, you name it.

I did briefly read on the BBC website this morning that confirmed cases of both the SA and Brazilian variants are falling, though they didn't say whether it was in the UK, the actual countries of origin, or worldwide.

Every now and then they raise the coded project for his funeral in an attempt to grab some clicks.

Doubt many will be pleased how Charles is getting access inside a hospital at a time others can't see their dying loved ones because hospitals are still refusing them entry.

One rule for "One"......?

I noticed "Forth Bridge" trending on Twitter last night - I think the Speculatron was fired into action by pap photos of a tearful Prince Charles seen leaving the hospital.

As it was Twitter I took it with the amount of salt under Cheshire.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information