Thread: Scared - stomach cancer

Scared - stomach cancer

I’m feeling anxious right now and don’t know what else to do so forgive me if this isn’t the right place to post. I felt bloated a few days ago and have been noticing that I have to make a little bit more effort to try and burp after dinner for the past few days also. This doesn’t happen after breakfast or lunch - just dinner. I haven’t Googled anything as I know where things will go if I do that, but I still can’t stop worrying about stomach cancer. Sorry if this was triggering to anyone, that wasn’t my intention. If anyone has got any advice please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Re: Scared - stomach cancer

So let me see if I follow you.... Sometimes you feel bloated after a meal and try to make yourself burp to alleviate the gas. You've recently found you've had to make "a little bit more effort to try and burp after dinner", no other meal. This only happens sometimes, you have no other symptoms, and somehow you've connected the dots as a sign of stomach cancer?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you fishmanpa and I’m sorry I’m being silly. I have Googled it in the past and WebMD etc always tells me there’s often not that many symptoms at first. But yeah I know I’m being irrational at the moment. By the way I know no one here is a doctor but I’ve noticed mucus when I went to the loo in the past few days as well - not much but was just wondering if all these symptoms I’ve mentioned are typical of IBS?

Edited: just to clarify I have done tests in the past (except for colonoscopy) and my GI has provisionally diagnosed me with IBS

Sounds like IBS and/or acid reflux or indigestion.

Not stomach cancer though

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you so much nomorepanic, sorry my brain went silly - thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

Thread Information