Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DP/DR driving me nuts

DP/DR driving me nuts

Over the last week or so I've had a lot of this happening. I'm wondering why now? But in the last year my anxiety has been focused outwards in the direction of a nasty virus, which is really a quite natural anxiety. Maybe I've just forgotten how DP/DR can be very much a part of the anxiety state, especially when its the traditional anxiety that exists for the sake of it?

I've kept on ploughing through the DP, today by frenziedly cleaning down doors and skirting boards, then my workout. But is this the best policy? Do grounding techniques work?

Re: DP/DR driving me nuts

I don't think ploughing through it frenziedly would be the best idea but keeping calm but busy and occupied would be a better aim?

You're right Pulisa, as ever. The woodwork looks nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    You're right Pulisa, as ever. The woodwork looks nice though.
    I bet it does! I bet your house is spotless! Cleaning stuff can be really therapeutic though, can't it, but I think you've got to be in the right mood to get the full benefit.

I think you'll feel better once you both get that first jab and have made it safely through the first few weeks afterwards? You'll soon be able to get out in the garden regularly again. Warmer weather is definitely going to happen-we've got through the worst of the winter now. Things will get better...Hang on to that thought?

And...most important of all...the Toffees got a magnificent victory at Anfield and managed to out-Klopp Klopp!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I bet it does! I bet your house is spotless! Cleaning stuff can be really therapeutic though, can't it, but I think you've got to be in the right mood to get the full benefit.

I think you'll feel better once you both get that first jab and have made it safely through the first few weeks afterwards? You'll soon be able to get out in the garden regularly again. Warmer weather is definitely going to happen-we've got through the worst of the winter now. Things will get better...Hang on to that thought?

And...most important of all...the Toffees got a magnificent victory at Anfield and managed to out-Klopp Klopp!
    I wish it were spotless. I did the front door today and all the ground floor windows. Doing jobs while in a trance feels quite odd. I'm wondering if the DP is being driven by the covid jab on Friday. After all, this jab is not just advisable, its essential. I've been trying to think how I could get it done without actually attending. Sever my arm and get someone to take it in?

Yes the Liverpool Everton result was never in doubt

You could do what they do in Tanzania and believe that Covid is fended off by prayer...

Or the dual approach of "a limb and a prayer"?

I think the severed limb approach on its own may bring the local Bill to your door again and it may be more difficult to prove your innocence single handedly?

DP is horrible fishman and it's a sign to give the mind a rest. That doesn't mean do nothing, but turn to stuff that gives you pleasure or has a calming effect on the mind. Sleep helps too. So no, the door cleaning isn't necessarily the answer. Only if it gives you pleasure.
    Maybe try some of new games in NMP Arcade fishman.
    I've even been known to sit down with a sticker book.
    And when we get better weather days it will certainly help.
    Just remember this feeling passes. x

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You could do what they do in Tanzania and believe that Covid is fended off by prayer...

Or the dual approach of "a limb and a prayer"?

I think the severed limb approach on its own may bring the local Bill to your door again and it may be more difficult to prove your innocence single handedly?
    LOL Pulisa, you're on form. I have to hand it to you. Isn't it daft though all this anxiety over a vaccination. When my daughter was born I had to have a polio booster at the same time as her. It was a drop on the tongue which tasted foul. But I paid it no more attention and yet polio is a really nasty virus. This was 1999 though and polio wasn't all over the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    DP is horrible fishman and it's a sign to give the mind a rest. That doesn't mean do nothing, but turn to stuff that gives you pleasure or has a calming effect on the mind. Sleep helps too. So no, the door cleaning isn't necessarily the answer. Only if it gives you pleasure.
    Maybe try some of new games in NMP Arcade fishman.
    I've even been known to sit down with a sticker book.
    And when we get better weather days it will certainly help.
    Just remember this feeling passes. x
    Thank you Carnation that's a lovely post Isn't DP supposed to be the brain's way of shielding us from trauma? It doesn't feel very comforting though does it. I can't really say cleaning gives me pleasure, often it doesn't look any different afterwards. I think I'm using it as a distraction, so maybe I will take a look at the new games. I did play on one.

I'm only trying to make you smile, Fishman...I don't take anxiety lightly..but I've always found that the puns come more easily when I'm under a lot of stress myself. I'm just a bit weird

I remember having those polio- vaccine flavoured sugar lumps..Can you imagine the uproar now if children had those?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information