Thread: Family possible exposure

Family possible exposure

My daughter(11) and her dad went to go sledding at the neighbors house. Nobody has been sledding there all winter and 5 min after they walk out the door 2 other boys showed up. They are all standing close and going down the same paths. I'm flipping out. As much as I've told my kid to stay away from people thr first chance she gets she ignores everything I've told her. My husband isn't even telling her to stay away. I'm so angry at them right now. I mean it's probably fine since they are outside but the risk they are bringing back home really makes me mad. They both know better then to be close to people they don't know. Im terrified of the virus. I honestly think it will put me in the hospital. I dont handle regular colds well. I'm so nervous now and have no idea what to do

Re: Family possible exposure

My mom thinks I'm over reacting. Saying things like they are outside its fine and if they were sick they wouldn't be outside. And not everyone has to be afraid or the virus just because I am.

Your Mom is 100% right, you are overreacting

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    My mom thinks I'm over reacting. Saying things like they are outside its fine and if they were sick they wouldn't be outside. And not everyone has to be afraid or the virus just because I am.
    She is correct in the sense that it's far less of a risk outdoors.

Our news media mentioned the other day that last summer's beach gatherings here in the UK actually had virtually zero impact on daily Covid infections, despite the big hoo-ha at the time, but then again, far less was still known about this virus back then compared to now.

Likewise when we had snowfalls here in Blighty recently, overall Covid cases didn't skyrocket after kids went out sledging, they continued their downward trend.

Thread Information