Thread: Anyone who has had vision anxiety ?

Anyone who has had vision anxiety ?

Anyone who has overcome intense anxiety over your vision, do you have any suggestions on how I can stop? I can not seem to take the obsession and focus off of my vision.

I’ve spend this last year having a ton of visual disturbances. I have had an intense eye exam including an OCT and my eye doctor has assured me that nothing is wrong, and my issues are anxiety related. My retina, optic nerve, blood vessels and everything have been checked. He told me I need to try to take the focus off of my vision but I’m finding this to be impossible. My issues include:

-when I wake up or go from the dark to a bright room my vision flickers/flashes when blinking it moving my eyes
    -normal floaters, along with 3 very small “floaters” in my right eye, I can only see them in bright conditions but they look like very small orbs or bubbles in my central vision that don’t move out of the way or float like a normal floater. Instead they move with my eye when I move it.
    -I experienced a strange bright blob in my vision off to the side of my right eye, like the afterimage of a camera flash, and could see it every time I blinked for about an hour. It faded away. A day later it happened again in the Center of my vision but that time only lasted a few seconds.
    -when closing one eye and looking at a bright surface with the other I see small flashes of light
    -if I close my left eye and try to read something on my phone with my right eye I see a blurry spot. As I’m reading it’s as if a small blurry blob follows after the words I’m reading.

anyone who has experienced similar issues?
    if so how did you stop focusing on them?
    Usually when I have anxiety about something I can eventually tune it out and move on, but being it’s my vision I can not find a way to take the focus off of it. Any help is greatly appreciated

Re: Anyone who has had vision anxiety ?

Yup, welcome to the world of weird visual disturbances nobody notices but are probably normal. You're probably fine, get treated for anxiety if you can

Quote Originally Posted by ineedahobby View Post
    Yup, welcome to the world of weird visual disturbances nobody notices but are probably normal. You're probably fine, get treated for anxiety if you can
    thank you! it makes it slightly easier to cope when I hear other people having similar issues. I’ve been dealing with health anxiety for over 10 years now, I can usually get passed things and be rational but I don’t know why I just can’t focus on anything else at this point. I feel like a crazy person

Anyone else? I feel like I’m losing my mind :(

Quote Originally Posted by Pbnjelly View Post
    Anyone else? I feel like I’m losing my mind :(
    Scroll to the bottom of the page or do a search. There are literally thousands of posts.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I do right now! Have quite blurry vision but putting it down to lack of sleep and maybe dry eyes because I always have a fan on in my bedroom. I get weird flashy things too, think it's all pretty normal x

It’s so bizarre what anxiety can do to our bodies and minds!

I had blurred vision really bad for 12 months I blamed anxiety and meds,went and seen an Ophthalmologist and had bad Cataracts.Had them removed and now I haven’t had blurred vision,touch wood.

Thread Information