Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Struggling again

Re: Struggling again

My son had no knowledge about potential withdrawal symptoms or as they say.."discontinuation" symptoms..He just went along with the regime. I don't think the vortioxetine has done anything at all to be honest.

The quetiapine has restored his sleep and has limited the self-harming..It does cause the munchies though as you know! Mirtazapine is just an appetite-stimulant..It's even used with cats to make them eat after surgery!

I think you should crack on with coming off ven and look at it as a big step in the right direction?Give fluoxetine another go if that has been suggested? You need a fresh approach. Good luck tomorrow!

So the gastroscopy went well and they didn’t find anything serious, just a case of GORD which I have been given omeprazole to take and this seems to help.

WRT ven withdrawal I have just reduced to 225mg after a few days on 300mg. The psychiatrist wants me to reduce by 75mg every few days and then start Fluoxetine. I am having rather a strange experience though...instead of feeling bad effects from withdrawal I am actually feeling BETTER each time I reduce the dose (??!!??)

Hope it continues but I’m preparing myself in case it doesn’t 😂

You're probably feeling better because you have a plan to change meds rather than continuing to flog a dead horse?

Good news about the gastroscopy..although GORD is a pain.

Don't anticipate "trouble"..It may never happen. Take it a day at a time and look forward to a new regime and a fresh start? You'd more than given ven a chance at the highest dose (without hospitalisation).

Quote Originally Posted by Jo79 View Post
    WRT ven withdrawal I have just reduced to 225mg after a few days on 300mg. The psychiatrist wants me to reduce by 75mg every few days and then start Fluoxetine. I am having rather a strange experience though...instead of feeling bad effects from withdrawal I am actually feeling BETTER each time I reduce the dose (??!!??)
    Given you increased to 375mg not that long ago the higher dose might have been producing more negative than positive effects and the drop back to 225mg has bought you back to a more tolerable space. This is one of those situations where it doesn't pay to look at the gift horse's dental work, but give thanks to the fates for small mercies. Fingers crossed that it continues, Jo. 🤞

Well I’m finally off the venlafaxine and I’m relieved to say that other than tiredness, body aches and a little bit of dizziness it really hasn’t been that bad! OCD symptoms have actually improved a bit and the low mood certainly hasn’t worsened 🙂

Day two of 10mg fluoxetine now and moving up to 20mg on Tuesday. Thank you to everyone that has offered advice on here, I have really appreciated it. Maybe speak to you soon on the fluoxetine section but fingers crossed 🤞 it will all go smoothly 😁

The very best of luck with the prozac, Jo. It's got to be better than mega venlafaxine and it's a whole new regime for you and a fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo79 View Post
    Well I’m finally off the venlafaxine and I’m relieved to say that other than tiredness, body aches and a little bit of dizziness it really hasn’t been that bad! OCD symptoms have actually improved a bit and the low mood certainly hasn’t worsened 🙂
    That's great Jo. Our fears of change are often far worse that the actuality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information