Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fear around having Covid vaccination and side effects

Fear around having Covid vaccination and side effects

Hi everyone, This is my first time on here for months... I am due to have my Covid jab today and i feel i am stuck between a rock and a hard place. petrified of getting Covid but also scared of the side effects of the jab i.e anaphalaxis etc..

I have been making myself feel sick with worry and i am due to have the jab this afternoon..

Can anyone offer any words of support or reassurance please? thank you so much in advance kind people

Re: Fear around having Covid vaccination and side effects

From what I've read, anaphylaxis seems really unlikely. You might feel a bit crap for a few days afterwards, or you might not. Either way, what's a few days of feeling crap compared to helping keep yourself and others safe from a possibly fatal disease?

Thank you for your reply.. I know you are right.. You know what anxiety is like it just affects your rationalisation of things and i am so cross with myself for being like this..

Don't be angry with yourself, it's not your fault. I'm sure I'll be the same when I go for mine.

This exact post has popped up several time on the forum already over the last week or so.

The side effects are just your immune system doing what it's supposed to do, and is short lived.

Allergic reaction is very rare, very treatable, and all vaccination centres always have routines in place to deal with it anyway. They ask you to stay for around 10-15 minutes after the jab 'just incase'.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

You'll be absolutely fine. The normal side effects are sore arm, feeling tired or fluey for a few days.

I've not had mine yet but know plenty of people that have now and all have been fine - sore arms in everyone and a couple felt horrid for a day or so (horrid as in wanted to stay in bed not covid horrid!)

The allergic reaction will be quite rare and from what I know happened in people that have known allergic reactions to shots like this in the past - it was a lot of scaremongering made over nothing I think

What time is your jab?

It'll soon be over, I'd get some paracetamol ready for when you get home and then just take it easy - in a few days the ordeal will be over and you'll be much more protected against covid

I have my jab booked for today as well. I'm so worried I'm going to have an allergic reaction and go into anaphylaxis. I have not had any reaction to jabs before. I'm getting myself so worked up I thinking of cancelling it. 😭

Please don't cancel it? Not for yourself, and not for others. The chances of any sort of serious reaction are as good as zero; you may feel a bit tired out afterwards but I promise, once it's done you'll feel INVINCIBLE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information