Thread: Emetaphobia Covid vaccine

Emetaphobia Covid vaccine

I haven’t been c as led for the vaccine yet as I’m only 50 but I’m already having panic attacks thinking about the possibility of side effects including if it makes me sick when I have the vaccine. I know I need to have it but I’m so scared it’s going to make me sick.
    I have emetaphobia and GAD

Re: Emetaphobia Covid vaccine

I’ve not heard of it making anyone sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know of anyone that has been sick after having it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi, I know what you are talking about because 1) I have terrible emetophobia and 2) I have heard that nausea and possibly v can be a side effect of the vaccine. I truly understand your fear.

However, nausea is not a major side effect and for the most part, it is only the Moderna vaccine that has this as a side effect. Here are two links with more info. As I understand it, when you get the vaccine you will be told what kind you are getting (or you can ask if no one mentions this). If you are very uncomfortable with either one you can refuse and then sign up again and hope you will get what you want. I think your chances of v'ing are much greater with getting covid than with the vaccine.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ogenicity.html

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ogenicity.html

Well it's been almost a fortnight now since I had my first jab (Pfizer) and I still haven't chucked up, nor felt sick so far at any time since then.

However, if I was to suddenly feel or even be sick tomorrow it would probably be caused by other factors and very unlikely be caused by the vaccine, especially after a fortnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Well it's been almost a fortnight now since I had my first jab (Pfizer) and I still haven't chucked up, nor felt sick so far at any time since then.

However, if I was to suddenly feel or even be sick tomorrow it would probably be caused by other factors and very unlikely be caused by the vaccine, especially after a fortnight.
    How long is a fortnight? I think 2 weeks, but I'm not sure.
    I've heard most reactions are in the first 24 hours so I would think anything after 2 days would be unrelated. I'm scheduled for the vaccine tomorrow. Sure hope I get Pfizer. I must admit I am more than a bit nervous about this. And not just because of the side effects, I'm also worried about unknown effects, a year down the road, as it's such a new vaccine.

Before getting the vaccine, better disclose to the Doctor your condition to recommend you a better brand of vaccine.
    Though, there might be no assurance since it depends on the reaction of one's body.

Thread Information