Hi, this is my first post for about 4 years on here. I was previously on fluoxitine for anxiety and depression but it took 4 months on flux before I started to feel normal again, and I'm not willing to go through that again. So this time Im on cipramil.
My mum recently passed away closely followed by my lovely dog who we had for 15 years. I'm a single mum who works so I'm tired but did find it hard coping with so many changes all at once! I thought I was coping ok, on the surface at least - managing to go to work, keep house, pay bills etc. But these last couple months I started with Vivid dreams, nightmares, waking up 2,3,4 times a night. I'd feel a little anxiety about losing my mum but it was just mainly feeling sad and a bit lost, by morning I was ok,, back to business, going to work, sorting the kids out etc. So I thought I was coping....
Then the dreams became more frequent, dreams of end of world scenarios, my kids in danger or me dying, becoming ill, just hellish stuff in general and last night after waking from one of these nightmares I had my first full on anxiety attack. The first for many years.
My doctor previously prescribed citalopram when my mum passed away but I didn't take them as the sickness I felt for those 24 hours was awful, I can work through pain or mild anxiety, but sickness is a definate no for me, I cannot function when i feel sick. At the time it was something I just felt I couldn't cope with, on top of the bereavement. Anyway last night did.it for me and I realised I needed to start the cipramil. So I'm lay here, in bed, no sleep, feeling absolute sick to my stomach after just taking my first dose of citalopram. Can anyone please tell me does this sickness last long. I'm off work till next teusday and I'm hoping the sickness at least wears off for then. I can work.through tiredness but not this.
X