Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid -Pfizer vacinne fear

Covid -Pfizer vacinne fear

Hi there,

I have my covid vaccine on Friday and it’s e Pfizer I’m having. I’m extremely worried as I don’t want to have an allergic reaction to it. I have a nut allergy and hey fever so am wondering if I will survive it. Has anyone had the vaccine and could help my mind? X

Re: Covid -Pfizer vacinne fear

I've not, but my 81 year old Father had the Pfizer vaccine and was absolutely fine.

You'll be ok.

I've got my jab on Friday too katy. My Dad is 91 and had his Pfizer jab on 8th January, he's fine. His lady friend aged 82 had hers too, again Pfizer and is fine as well. You'll be fine also but I understand your anxiety. My own is more about the social anxiety aspect, rather than the vaccine itself.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Please read the other posts in this covid forum about the vaccine - loads similar to yours

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by katyfitz View Post
    Hi there,

I have my covid vaccine on Friday and it’s e Pfizer I’m having. I’m extremely worried as I don’t want to have an allergic reaction to it. I have a nut allergy and hey fever so am wondering if I will survive it. Has anyone had the vaccine and could help my mind? X
    You will be asked if you have allergies. Tell the person doing the vaccination and they will consult and advise you.

From https://www.sps.nhs.uk/articles/advi...id-19-vaccine/

those with allergies, including anaphylaxis, to a food, insect sting or most medicines (where the trigger has been identified), can proceed with vaccination as normal according to local guidelines, as long as they are not known to be allergic to any component (excipient) of the vaccine;
    You will be given a copy of this when you arrive for your vaccination:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...vid-19-vaccine

These are the ingredients in addition to the vaccine proper:

• ALC-0315 = (4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate)
    • ALC-0159 = 2[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide
    • 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine
    • cholesterol
    • potassium chloride
    • potassium dihydrogen phosphate
    • sodium chloride
    • disodium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate
    • sucrose
    • water for injections

When you get there, ask - but that is the reason you are observed for 15 minutes after vaccination.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 24-02-21 at 23:29.

I had mine on Tuesday and have been absolutely fine. Katy. As Pamplemousse says, there is a very thorough screening programme before you have the jab.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I had mine on Tuesday and have been absolutely fine. Katy. As Pamplemousse says, there is a very thorough screening programme before you have the jab.
    You got yours early P? I wouldn't have thought you were old enough to get yours yet?!*

*Don't feel the need to reveal the truth!

I'm ancient, Joe...although I'm not as old as Madonna I'm in Group 6 as I'm an unpaid carer.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm ancient, Joe...although I'm not as old as Madonna I'm in Group 6 as I'm an unpaid carer.
    Haha

This is good news for me. My misses is in group 6 too and is literally desperate to get the jab due to her mental health condition. I do mean desperate.

I think we're about as ancient as each other tbh, but I'm also an unpaid carer so I suppose I should technically be due soon too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information