Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid -Pfizer vacinne fear

Re: Covid -Pfizer vacinne fear

I was Pfizered on 16th Feb and so was my mom on 10th Feb and we have both so far been devoid of any ill effects, so you should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Haha

This is good news for me. My misses is in group 6 too and is literally desperate to get the jab due to her mental health condition. I do mean desperate.

I think we're about as ancient as each other tbh, but I'm also an unpaid carer so I suppose I should technically be due soon too.

You'll be in group 6 too but it's best to check with your GP surgery. They may be able to book directly with your local vaccine centre . Both my children were booked in today by the surgery. My daughter is ASD with an LD and severe OCD/anxiety and my son is ASD with severe MH issues and multiple comorbidities.

You do need to be registered with the surgery as a carer and also be in receipt of Carer's Allowance. I hear that a lot of people are claiming to be carers when they are popping in to see their elderly neighbour for 5 mins each week..

I had pfizer back in January. They asked me some questions, administered the injection and watched me for 15. I had some chills pretty much straight after but they passed within an hour (I think it was adrenaline as did the doctor on hand. It was also snowing). I had a sore are that night and the next day, mild headache and fatigue. All passed within 24 hours and that was it. I too struggled with the vaccine and thinking I would have an allergic reaction or that something terrible was going to happen. It didn't and I would say the best thing to do is just let your vaccinator know and maybe spend a little extra time at the clinic if thats going to help reassure you.

So, katyfitz.... how are you today?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You'll be in group 6 too but it's best to check with your GP surgery. They may be able to book directly with your local vaccine centre . Both my children were booked in today by the surgery. My daughter is ASD with an LD and severe OCD/anxiety and my son is ASD with severe MH issues and multiple comorbidities.

You do need to be registered with the surgery as a carer and also be in receipt of Carer's Allowance. I hear that a lot of people are claiming to be carers when they are popping in to see their elderly neighbour for 5 mins each week..
    Hmmm, I'm not registered although I am considered a 24/7 carer by both her therapists and my support therapist so I'll need to look into it. She is definitely in G6 though (we have been told) and it's her I want to get done asap for her mental wellbeing. I will chase her first, then sort out my status and carers allowance later.

Thanks P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information