Thread: Lumps below collarbone

Exclamation Lumps below collarbone

Hello, I'm a 17-year-old hypochondriac who's recently been very stressed out. Basically, my shoulder and arm has been hurt for almost 6 weeks. It doesn't constantly hurt, it just happens when I get up and use my chest muscle. I thought it was a strained muscle but the pain is in my arm too, it feels like nerve pain to me.

Anyways, when I tried to locate the source of the pain, I discovered several lymph nodes. They feel enlarged, like the size of a pea, but they aren't visible from the outside. I can't feel them when I gently swipe my hand below the clavicle, put they become apparent when I press on them. Most seem movable and soft, and I wouldn't have discovered they were there if I hadn't had that weird arm/shoulder pain.

Should I go to the doctor? It's been 6 weeks and they didn't find anything on the chest x-ray or the blood tests a few weeks ago, but I believe it's malignant.

Re: Lumps below collarbone

You've obviously already seen the doctor about the issue, and had a couple of checks, so what did they think the cause was ? Were your under arm nodes checked last time you visited ?

I'd start looking for muscular skeletal reasons for your hurting arm and shoulder - bad posture, using phone and laptop in a difficult position ? Gaming ? Lying on your side and holding yourself up with your arm ? Sleeping pressing on it ? Start thinking about your behaviours and isolating anything repetitive that could cause pain, because clearly the xray and blood tests showed nothing serious.
    Last edited by Carys; 27-02-21 at 12:25.

My under arm nodes were not checked because I hadn't really noticed them the last time I went there. I have a bad posture, I do use my phone and laptop a lot, often hurting myself. And I sleep on it as well. I will see a GP just to get some reassurance though.

A node (if it was an actual node you felt) the size of a "pea" is not "enlarged".

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have a bad posture, I do use my phone and laptop a lot, often hurting myself. And I sleep on it as well. I will see a GP just to get some reassurance though.
    You don't need the reassurance from the GP, you have a cause and effect already, sort your repetitive use/bad posture/sleep position and I should think you will be fine.

Thread Information