Thread: Bleeding During Sex

Bleeding During Sex

Hey again!

So, kinda TMI again but... I’m having a bit of a panic tonight. My fiancé and I had sex earlier, and it’s been a few months so... kinda had a harder time getting “ready” for it I guess. It hurt a little more in the beginning. After finishing and going to the bathroom, I noticed there was some brown on my thighs like I had bled. I’ve bled a couple times before, and just cleaned up. However, when I came back to bed, I noticed that a decent amount had got on the bed under me and even in another spot of the bed.

I have bled before during sex, usually from a tear from not being lubed enough. I’m on BC, and not due my period yet, but I did forget to take the pill a couple of times this week... I had a pap smear last year & everything was fine. Is it ok/normal to bleed every now and then? In the back of my head I keep worrying it could be something worse! My fiancé reassured me, but I’m too embarrassed to talk about it more to anyone else... I have some cramping now, but haven’t noticed any more blood since initial cleanup.
    Last edited by aloy-; 01-03-21 at 03:03.

Re: Bleeding During Sex

It isn’t really “normal” to bleed after sex, but since you had a normal Pap smear I think it’s unlikely to be anything sinister. I think it might be down to missing you BC pill. Not taking it causes estrogen and progesterone to drop, and you to bleed. If it keeps happening though, might be worth mentioning to your doctor?

Re: Bleeding During Sex

Thank you for replying!! I have heard a mix things I think could have caused it: I know brown blood is usually old blood, and the red I was seeing leads me to believe it was both a tear and my cervix getting bumped. A friend told me her BC can make it... a little more dry during, for lack of a better term LOL, so I guess that could be it too. I’ve had it happen around 3 times over the course of two years, but the previous two times I was definitely more calm and rational that it was due to a tear. This time — I’m assuming also due to being back on prozac again & needing to readjust — I freaked myself out a lot more worrying it could be the dreaded C.

Thread Information