Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No period

No period

Hi there.

My period was due 3 days ago and still hasn't turned up. I'm always regular so I don't understand what's going on. I took a pregnancy test and it says not pregnant. No idea what to think now

Re: No period

Give it longer. This happens sometimes.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes I'm going to wait a few more days and if nothing then take another pregnancy test. If that's negative again then I will give the doctors a call

Have you really never had an irregularity in cycle length ? I don't know how old you are (30 based on your user name?) but most women have the occasional 'off' cycle, just from slight hormonal variations. A classic example of cycle length changing, at any age at all, is when you go on holiday abroad and the time difference can throw things to the extent that a period arrives a few days afterwards, or doesn't appear at all.

I've always been had the same cycle. Never been off. That's why it's caused me concern as its never happened before. I am now 5 days late however this morning there was some brown stuff mixed it with my discharge tmi sorry. So I'm hoping its the beginning of a period if not I read it could be a sign of implantation bleeding when pregnant argh so annoying not knowing what's going on. If nothing happens I was advised to take another test on Thursday in case the pregnancy hormone was too low. If that shows negative again then I will contact the doctor and find out whats going on. Could be my hormones playing up who knows I'm actually 34 BTW lol

Im 2 years older than you and find my periods as I've been getting older / childbirth have defo become less predictable. In my early 20s I completely missed a period one month (wasn't pregnant) - the GP said 'periods are funny things' and moved me on my way. I'm sure your periods have been quite regular in the past but so much can disrupt the rhythm - stress, later ovulation, travel etc. I would firstly wait and see if you get your period (sounds like its on its way) and if you have the same next month. Do you track ovulation (not sure if your TTC?) as that always give a pretty good indicator of when you will get your period. I ovulated late this months so know my period will be late as a consequence.

I have a period tracker and it shows when I ovulate and when my period should come and it hasn't been wrong so far thats why im a bit baffled lol. I'm just going to wait a bit longer and see what happens. I wasn't trying to conceive but then my partner and i havent been careful this month so pregnancy could be a possibility!

I've been tracking my period for 2+ years and unless you put data in them, they are not accurate as they give you an average date. I use 2x apps: one app I cant input anything and as standard tells me I ovulate on CD14 (i've never ovulated on this day) and the other one works off symptoms, OPKs etc and it ranges by 5 days each month. Even the apps which I input data occasionally gets it wrong by a day or so! Anyway, my point is that it could be maaany reasons and try not to worry. As my GP once told me 'periods are funny things'. Plus, you could easily be pregnant! I had implantation bleeding with both my pregnancies

I would strongly advise to learn how to cope with these changes now - because as you get older they’re only going to become more wonky, and you will drive yourself insane worrying and obsessing over them. I’ve always been super regular. Then November I skipped all together, December and January came mostly on time (give or take a day), February was 5 days late, etc. I’m 42. it happens! Track it on an app (if you don’t already) and then show it to your gyno when you have your regular appointments. Other than that put it out of your mind.

Agreeing with Glassgirlw here. I'm 43 and until my late 30s I was regular to within a day or so. Since turning 40 I've been days and occasionally weeks late. I've spotted before and after, and been convinced I was dying of some or other horrible cancer. I had to go on antidepressants (this was a game changer).

Luckily I have a brilliant, laid-back GP who explained to me fairly early on that once you hit a certain age, things just get weird and you may as well roll with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information