Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strains popping up pre un-lockdown. Anybody noticed?

Strains popping up pre un-lockdown. Anybody noticed?

Has anybody noticed every time the Government talks about easing lockdown a new strain appears. Now it's the Brazilian strain. Last time it was the South African.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Strains popping up pre un-lockdown. Anybody noticed?

Do we need to encourage speculation and suspicion regarding the "timing" of new variants though? Really?

Huh?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

They're not popping up now. They're being reported on now. We would have been aware of this weeks/months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    They're not popping up now. They're being reported on now. We would have been aware of this weeks/months ago.
    The media are fking idiots in that case. When it looks like things are improving they decide now is the best time to report this? At a time when people are already on edge, and filled with hope. I'm having my vaccine and I'm flying away this year. I neeeeeeeeeeeed a holiday.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    The media are fking idiots in that case. When it looks like things are improving they decide now is the best time to report this? At a time when people are already on edge, and filled with hope. I'm having my vaccine and I'm flying away this year. I neeeeeeeeeeeed a holiday.
    Things aren't so bad then?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Things aren't so bad then?
    I'd like to think they're getting better.

☪️️

The people in the UK with the Brazilian variant reportedly tested positive (for Covid in general) on or around 10th Feb, but the genomic sequencing to determine the exact variant takes a bit of time so the fact that they had tested positive for the Braz variant was only revealed yesterday evening due to the time lag between the original positive tests and the final completion of the genomic sequencing process, but like I said before in the other thread about variants, those concerned might even be on the road to recovery already, for all we know.

Let's just hope that 'stray' infected person is soon tracked down.

Plus cases would have no doubt already started going back up again by now had the situation with the Braz variant (and if course the SA variant) was really dire in this country, but to the contrary, we are down again to 5k cases today, the lowest since late September, and of course, now lower than the original peak last April.

I am going to have to stop reading these threads with people obsessing about numbers in minute detail: this is reminding me far too much of sitting in ICU 11 years ago this month watching monitors in close detail hoping that Mrs. PM's blood pressure rose and her temperature fell.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Stop reading the effing news then

Remember that Einstein quote? The definition of insanity is to keep repeating the same thing and expecting different results....?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information