So amazing that you were able to quit after all the time. It really does give me hope, thank you for that. I'm sure Intervenrion is on Netflix, I've scanned past it a few times and thought about watching it.
Yes, being in the house is a huge trigger for me too. Lockdown has not helped at all. If I'm bored, my mind wanders, and suddenly I'm thinking ah well might aswell have a drink and stick something on the TV. Oddly if I'm out and about I'm not that concerned about alcohol, so I think a large part of it is emotional addiction rather than dependence. Although its been a long time since I've gone fully without for a whole night so I wouldn't really know what kind of impact it will have which is scary to me. The stuff you said about not leaving the house I could have written myself. Because of drinking I've gained weight, so never want to see anyone, and same as you think they'll know if I've had a drink. I've become very isolated which has helped this whole drinking thing slide along. I used to only drink on a weekend, and don't get me wrong I would drink a lot, all my friends do, and have a big night out. But never drank through the week. Maybe one here and there. Then its just out of control and hard to pinpoint what the the hell I was thinking crossing that line. I will message you, thanks so much xxx