Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrified I have alcoholic neuropathy

Re: Terrified I have alcoholic neuropathy

Hi Wired, I have no swelling no, just one foot that is tingly and numb. Was yours in both feet or just one? X

Quote Originally Posted by LF87 View Post
    Hi Wired, I have no swelling no, just one foot that is tingly and numb. Was yours in both feet or just one? X
    It was either one. But listen, relax, you're good Calm. Everybody enjoys a drink. My suggestion is that if you are worried, then cut a back a little. I've had all sorts of addictions, cannabis, codine, alcohol.

Sometimes we like to look for reassurance to feel better. I can relate to that so much. But in your heart, if you feel there's any issues in your lifestyle you want to change then you can do it

The primary issue here seems to be your panic and anxiety. Especially if replies on a forum can worry you. Are you taking any medications for anxiety?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I'm not at the moment but seeing my doctor on Thursday and am going to ask for some. She knows my health anxiety past. I wondered, did you have stiff calfs? They're so tight and stiff and I have terrible lower back pain

The pain in my back is still there a bit but vaguely
    I have terrible lower back pain
    Which is it?

LF, you're in a spiral. AJoe is right. You're drinking far too much. Why not log off and go take a walk or something to distract yourself and give serious consideration to curtailing the alcohol. Anxiety or not, it's not the healthiest thing to be doing and you know it

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Sorry, I miss worded it. It was terrible, its reduced now to an ache in certain positions, especially sitting. I just took the dog out for a walk, did not help my foot thats for sure:/

I'm not at the moment but seeing my doctor on Thursday and am going to ask for some. She knows my health anxiety past. I wondered, did you have stiff calfs? They're so tight and stiff and I have terrible lower back pain
    Yeah. But mostly from being anxious every day with a hangover. I'd be tensed up all day which caused muscle pain.

Listen to Fishmanpa. He helped me come to realization 3 years ago. In all honesty the alcohol will 100% make your anxiety worse the following day. Take a detox for a month and see how you feel.

Ps. you'll have to stop when you're on anxiety medications anyway as most of them interact with alcohol negatively.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Yeah, I'm seeking help for it currently, the plan is to reduce to controlled drinking just on a weekend with friends which I've always done. Not really sure where it turned into a problem but I'm fully aware its not what I want anymore. Stopped me training and feeling good and always anxious. Its a living hell. But so vicious because I feel anxious every day I want that feeling of relaxation which wine gives me

Yeah, I'm seeking help for it currently, the plan is to reduce to controlled drinking just on a weekend with friends which I've always done. Not really sure where it turned into a problem but I'm fully aware its not what I want anymore. Stopped me training and feeling good and always anxious. Its a living hell. But so vicious because I feel anxious every day I want that feeling of relaxation which wine gives me
    The first step is admitting there may be a problem. Well done. Alcohol and anxiety sufferers are a common combination. The alcohol uplifts the mood, makes you feel great, makes your worries go away etc. This can feel great and you can get used to feeling good and slipping into a cycle of coming home and pouring a glass of wine, or opening a can of beer. Alcohol makes us feel good, and that's the deception.

When we think alcoholic many of us think the type of person that sits on the park bench with his bottle of cider. That was the sterotype my grandad fitting into before he died. I watched him battle alcohol for years. Trust me, you nor I, were drinking in a way my grandad was. That;s the classical type of alcoholic though.

But in reality many people depend on alcohol. If you recognize alcohol is causing a problem you have to take the required steps to eliminate the problem. You wouldn't drink milk if it made you sick? Same as you really shouldn't drink alcohol if it makes you unwell in any way. But alcohol has that addictive property milk doesn't.

I wish I could have the relaxation alcohol gives me. But it's a trick. Something is being used to invoke that relaxation. And for me the 3 things I've abused in life have all been to gain that relaxation.

There's methods of relaxation in medication and sincere prayer (not advocating you become religious). I have had some successful relaxation from both. I highly recommend you learn to meditate while you detox. It's beautiful once you can get into the meditative zone.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 01-03-21 at 21:08.

☪️️

And frankly set me back 5 steps because I'm having a panic attack now. The trouble with drinking is its very unpredictable.. if you have done this damage... what things to say!
    I'll tell you why, because in this country it's all seen as a bit of a laugh and a joke. If you're panicking about it now it'll pass, but you need to know that what you're doing is way beyond what you need to be doing. Your alcohol dependence won't just pass, the anxiety will. Please don't blame me for 'setting you back 5 steps'.

This conversation rang a bell so I checked back, and we were having the same conversation about booze a year ago. I can't imagine you're drinking less now than you were then, and if you've mentioned a bottle a day, my bet is that it's more than that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information