Thread: It’s been awhile... spotting/brown discharge

It’s been awhile... spotting/brown discharge

Since I’ve posted in these forums. I kind of feel like me posting now is a failure, that I’ve been managing (mostly) and now I feel the need for support again.

I am 36, almost 37. I’ve been having spotting between my periods for a few months now which is causing me concern. I have been to see my doctor about this, the first time she wasn’t too worried since I was aware I had missed some pills the previous month. The second time, she said to come back in six weeks and to monitor. I scheduled to see her at the end of March.

Its happened again, and now I really am panicking. It happens about a week before my “period” (am on contraceptive pill) is meant to start. It’s very light, I don’t need to wear protection or anything. When I saw my doctor she asked if I had other signs, pain, increased urination etc and I didn’t.

I am aware I have a uterine fibroid and potentially cervical ectropion. I am up to date with my smears and they’re clear.

I am also aware I am nearing an age where my body may start changing.

I don’t really know what I’m asking for here, I guess if anyone has experienced this and maybe some calming words to tide me over until I see my doctor again.

thank you for listening

Re: It’s been awhile... spotting/brown discharge

I think it’s quite normal before your period, and also if you have a fibroid. So you’ve got 2 very good reasons for it there x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been doing ok the last week. But now the anxiety is back with a vengeance and I’m not sure how to manage.

I’m sorry you’re having a bad week, but it’s good that you had good days too. It just shows that you can have good days and that you are strong.
    It’s tough when anxiety becomes all consuming. Keep on keeping on though, keep busy and try not to waste your day worrying.

Yes I need to remember that I can and have been strong! Trying to recall my sisters words of wisdom “we can only deal with what’s in front of us”

My appointment is on Tuesday. I am freaking out a bit because I hate scans (but will have one if needed).

I have been trying to do the “well can’t do much about it, can only deal with what’s in front of us” but is very hard.

I went to my appointment, except I arrived and found out my doctor was at home only doing phone consults so that was slightly tricker. I am autistic and sudden changes like that can really throw me. I spoke to her on the phone and she has referred me for a pelvic scan, but the first appt I could get was on my bday in two weeks! I didn’t particularly want to be probed on my bday so I scheduled it for two days later. I’m struggling a bit with the wait but what can I do.

I do have a fibroid, and I think doctor is expecting the spotting is related to this. I am of course still concerned it’s something more sinister but trying to remain strong and optimistic.

You’re doing well, I’m glad you’ve got your appointment coming up. Just focus on the fact that you are now in the system and this will get resolved.

Thread Information