Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back again with Thigh pain.

Back again with Thigh pain.

It’s been such a long time since I posted here, but I’m struggling a lot. I’ve searched the forums and I can’t seem to find a problem like mine which makes me panic more.

4 weeks ago I suddenly started to get right sided inner thigh pain, it can spread down to the knee. It’s worse when I stand up after being sat down, if I lift my leg to get into bed or into a car etc, and it hurts when I walk.
    I’ve been to the doctors and he dismissed it and said muscle pain and to try painkillers.
    Well, the painkillers did nothing. By this point I was panicking uncontrollably so I went to A&E and they did bloods and also checked for a hernia which all came back fine.
    The doctor now wants to send me for a hip X-ray, he’s told me not to worry and that he doesn’t think it’s cancer but I’m in a massive hole that I can’t get out of.
    I’m petrified it could be a muscle or bone cancer in my leg and I’m going to die.
    Can anyone help reassure me please, this is torment!

Re: Back again with Thigh pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    I’ve been to the doctors and he dismissed it and said muscle pain and to try painkillers.
    He didn't dismiss it, he told you it was muscle pain. It's your mind that's creating the problem that isn't there.

If random joint pain signified cancer, I would be riddled with cancer. It happens.

If you look at your current life, there will be a reason for it. Being sedentary, being overweight, poor diet, stress, age, sleeping oddly, not sleeping enough.....the list is endless.

To jump to cancer just because of pain is just self destructive.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    He didn't dismiss it, he told you it was muscle pain. It's your mind that's creating the problem that isn't there.

If random joint pain signified cancer, I would be riddled with cancer. It happens.

If you look at your current life, there will be a reason for it. Being sedentary, being overweight, poor diet, stress, age, sleeping oddly, not sleeping enough.....the list is endless.

To jump to cancer just because of pain is just self destructive.
    Thank you for your reply,

The doctor examined my leg and thigh, pressed down on my hip while manipulating my leg to see what was painful.
    He said bloods would show something if anything was off as well.
    But honestly I can’t believe him, I want too but my mind won’t let me. I feel like I’m in torment everyday about this since it started.
    I’m not overweight and i walk my dog everyday, I also have a buggy to push and sometimes it’s difficult over fields where I take him. The only thing I can think of is maybe I have hurt myself using my to push over hard areas that it won’t run freely over, but still I wouldn’t of thought this would happen and for so long as well. It’s exhausting. I’ve spoken to four different doctors now, 2 over the phone, one at A&E and then this doctor I saw yesterday and they have all said muscle related/mechanical issue. But I am so scared. I can’t stop googling which doesn’t help. Im just in fear and obsessed with this new symptom

Sorry to see you going down the rabbit hole with this as you've done well the last few years. So.... how can anyone really help you? If you don't believe FOUR medical professionals, reassurance on a website is kinda futile Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Sorry to see you going down the rabbit hole with this as you've done well the last few years. So.... how can anyone really help you? If you don't believe FOUR medical professionals, reassurance on a website is kinda futile Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    It’s nice to see you’re still here!
    I’ve managed for a few years, and it took me a long long time to put the brain tumour to bed. But I did and I finally accepted I didn’t have one.
    I’ve had a few health issues over the last few years but nothing that I’ve felt I haven’t been able to handle. This however has knocked me sideways. The intrusive thoughts are just overwhelming. I don’t know how I’ll cope with this X-ray or waiting for the results. I’m not sure where to go from here.
    I’m 30 now with 4 children, my youngest child I had a year ago, so my friend thinks it could be related to having children. But who knows. Until they look inside I’m not sure how they can really tell unless they look inside.
    My brain telling me the doctors are wrong over and over again. So here I am again wanting reassurance and people to tell me I’m okay

It’s nice to see you’re still here!
    I’ve managed for a few years, and it took me a long long time to put the brain tumour to bed. But I did and I finally accepted I didn’t have one.
    I’ve had a few health issues over the last few years but nothing that I’ve felt I haven’t been able to handle. This however has knocked me sideways. The intrusive thoughts are just overwhelming. I don’t know how I’ll cope with this X-ray or waiting for the results. I’m not sure where to go from here.
    I’m 30 now with 4 children, my youngest child I had a year ago, so my friend thinks it could be related to having children. But who knows. Until they look inside I’m not sure how they can really tell unless they look inside.
    My brain telling me the doctors are wrong over and over again. So here I am again wanting reassurance and people to tell me I’m okay
    It's pretty common we worry more when we have kids (4 and you're 30? You've been busy girl!). Not only do we worry about our kids as parents but about ourselves and being there for them. It's a pretty common theme here and not unusual anxiety or not. As far as the reassurance? I've replied to you enough that you'll know what I say and not feed your dragon. You've dug yourself out before and you can do it again

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

9 years ago I woke up one morning with burning upper back pain along my shoulders and just beside my spine. It hurt to touch and the pain went from burning to aching and back again. I must’ve gone to the doctors for this issue about 5 times. By the fourth week I had diagnosed myself with a rare lung tumour called a pancoast tumour. When I mentioned this to my doctor she just looked at me as if I was mental. Said in all her 30 odd years in medicine she’d never once seen one. I was on tramadol (never again) and strong ibuprofen nothing touched it. Finally I went to an osteopath and 2 weeks later it went away just like that. The osteopath said it was probably due to me lifting my toddler (she was 16 months) and sure enough the exact same pain came back again when my son was a similar age. When you are in the midst of HA and a pain doesn’t go after a couple of weeks it’s easy to panic and diagnose yourself with the silliest things. I’ve also had back/leg pain for weeks and convinced myself I had ovarian/bowel cancer. And the more you stress the more you tense and the worse it gets. Most pains like yours will come on without warning but will just go away eventually. I’ve always found Deep heat or the ice one can sometimes ease pains a little, have you tried that?

Quote Originally Posted by ditzy View Post
    9 years ago I woke up one morning with burning upper back pain along my shoulders and just beside my spine. It hurt to touch and the pain went from burning to aching and back again. I must’ve gone to the doctors for this issue about 5 times. By the fourth week I had diagnosed myself with a rare lung tumour called a pancoast tumour. When I mentioned this to my doctor she just looked at me as if I was mental. Said in all her 30 odd years in medicine she’d never once seen one. I was on tramadol (never again) and strong ibuprofen nothing touched it. Finally I went to an osteopath and 2 weeks later it went away just like that. The osteopath said it was probably due to me lifting my toddler (she was 16 months) and sure enough the exact same pain came back again when my son was a similar age. When you are in the midst of HA and a pain doesn’t go after a couple of weeks it’s easy to panic and diagnose yourself with the silliest things. I’ve also had back/leg pain for weeks and convinced myself I had ovarian/bowel cancer. And the more you stress the more you tense and the worse it gets. Most pains like yours will come on without warning but will just go away eventually. I’ve always found Deep heat or the ice one can sometimes ease pains a little, have you tried that?

Gosh that sounds awful, my pain is similar when I walk I get a burning down the thigh into the knee and sharp pain.
    It’s sore if I get up from sitting down and it’s sore when I ‘relax’ the muscle purposely, I’ll notice I’m holding my muscle tightly and I’ll relax it down and it’s a sharp pain. My hip sometimes aches too.
    I have a habit of waking up at 3Am the last few months (this started way before pain did) and I wake up and notice how sore it feels, the pain doesn’t wake me I don’t think, I just notice it 🤯
    My mum actually bought me some deep heat but I have only used it once while she was here but I’ll dig it out the cupboard again and try it.
    I really hope it does end up vanishing like yours did. I carry my little one on the same side that hurts, so I carry her upstairs on that hip and around the house if I need too as she doesn’t walk yet

But honestly I can’t believe him, I want too but my mind won’t let me. I feel like I’m in torment everyday about this since it started.
    I’m not overweight and i walk my dog everyday, I also have a buggy to push and sometimes it’s difficult over fields where I take him. The only thing I can think of is maybe I have hurt myself using my to push over hard areas that it won’t run freely over, but still I wouldn’t of thought this would happen and for so long as well. It’s exhausting. I’ve spoken to four different doctors now, 2 over the phone, one at A&E and then this doctor I saw yesterday and they have all said muscle related/mechanical issue. But I am so scared. I can’t stop googling which doesn’t help. Im just in fear and obsessed with this new symptom
    You are confused. You think your mind has a will of it's own, but that's not how it works.

If you google, it's a choice. If you don't stop, your suffering will be eternal and will never stop.

You have to CHOOSE to think/behave a different way. There is simply no alternative to beating health anxiety. Try and drop the victim complex mentality, your problem is behavioural, just like everybody else with health anxiety.

Gosh that sounds awful, my pain is similar when I walk I get a burning down the thigh into the knee and sharp pain.
    It’s sore if I get up from sitting down and it’s sore when I ‘relax’ the muscle purposely, I’ll notice I’m holding my muscle tightly and I’ll relax it down and it’s a sharp pain. My hip sometimes aches too.
    I have a habit of waking up at 3Am the last few months (this started way before pain did) and I wake up and notice how sore it feels, the pain doesn’t wake me I don’t think, I just notice it 勞
    My mum actually bought me some deep heat but I have only used it once while she was here but I’ll dig it out the cupboard again and try it.
    I really hope it does end up vanishing like yours did. I carry my little one on the same side that hurts, so I carry her upstairs on that hip and around the house if I need too as she doesn’t walk yet
    Obviously I’m not a medical professional so I can’t say for sure that it’s definitely mechanical but it certainly sounds it to me, and let’s face it most pains like this are. They’re very rarely caused by sinister things it’s just our minds that take it to the worst case scenario. All the pains I have had (back, leg, shoulder) have all happened when my kids were toddlers when they got a lot heavier but I was still carrying them around and lifting them out of the car/bed etc. I still carried my son when he was 3 because he was so lazy! No wonder I got pains that went on for weeks. Now my son is 6 and I no longer have to do all this stuff funnily enough all the pains I used to get have gone (touch wood). And from experience constantly stressing about a pain means that you will be tensing the area too which won’t help. Give it another 4 weeks and if it is still just as bad then go back to doctor. In the time being just tell yourself that it’s uncomfortable but it will more than likely heal and pass. I’m sure it will.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information