Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Back again with Thigh pain.

Re: Back again with Thigh pain.

Quote Originally Posted by ditzy View Post
    Obviously I’m not a medical professional so I can’t say for sure that it’s definitely mechanical but it certainly sounds it to me, and let’s face it most pains like this are. They’re very rarely caused by sinister things it’s just our minds that take it to the worst case scenario. All the pains I have had (back, leg, shoulder) have all happened when my kids were toddlers when they got a lot heavier but I was still carrying them around and lifting them out of the car/bed etc. I still carried my son when he was 3 because he was so lazy! No wonder I got pains that went on for weeks. Now my son is 6 and I no longer have to do all this stuff funnily enough all the pains I used to get have gone (touch wood). And from experience constantly stressing about a pain means that you will be tensing the area too which won’t help. Give it another 4 weeks and if it is still just as bad then go back to doctor. In the time being just tell yourself that it’s uncomfortable but it will more than likely heal and pass. I’m sure it will.

The doctor has ordered an X-ray but I’m just waiting for the appointment to come through. Once I know it isn’t cancer I’ll relax but it’s such a bizzare pain and for so long!
    I just would of thought it would of gone away already if it was muscular. It’s very sharp too depending on which way I’m moving my leg.
    Eurgh, it’s just such a setback and a worry.
    And it’s so sore I just don’t want to move around on it, I think the anxiety it gives me is worse than the pain. Every time it hurts it throws me into another panic.
    Maybe because of the pandemic as well but I keep thinking, yes this is it. I’m going to die during a global pandemic where the world is so upside down and leave my kids. Horrible nasty thoughts that I can’t seem to control.
    Did you have any X-rays or tests done on your back? And do you remember how long it lasted? I calculated about 6 weeks by what you said. I keep praying I’ll wake up and it’s gone, but I don’t feel like it’s going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    You are confused. You think your mind has a will of it's own, but that's not how it works.

If you google, it's a choice. If you don't stop, your suffering will be eternal and will never stop.

You have to CHOOSE to think/behave a different way. There is simply no alternative to beating health anxiety. Try and drop the victim complex mentality, your problem is behavioural, just like everybody else with health anxiety.
    I'm just gonna leave this here again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    The doctor has ordered an X-ray but I’m just waiting for the appointment to come through. Once I know it isn’t cancer I’ll relax but it’s such a bizzare pain and for so long!
    I just would of thought it would of gone away already if it was muscular. It’s very sharp too depending on which way I’m moving my leg.
    Eurgh, it’s just such a setback and a worry.
    And it’s so sore I just don’t want to move around on it, I think the anxiety it gives me is worse than the pain. Every time it hurts it throws me into another panic.
    Maybe because of the pandemic as well but I keep thinking, yes this is it. I’m going to die during a global pandemic where the world is so upside down and leave my kids. Horrible nasty thoughts that I can’t seem to control.
    Did you have any X-rays or tests done on your back? And do you remember how long it lasted? I calculated about 6 weeks by what you said. I keep praying I’ll wake up and it’s gone, but I don’t feel like it’s going to happen
    The first bout lasted just short of 7 weeks, but the second one with my son was shorter about 4 weeks. The osteopath the second time round said I obviously had a weak ligament/muscle in my upper back that was triggered by lifting my kids. It was in exactly the same place and exactly the same pain both times. I had an X-ray about week 4 and it found nothing. By this time I was incessantly googling and coming up with rare lung tumours etc. Looking back it’s ridiculous how much I worried but I just didn’t understand how it could go on for so long and not get any better. If anything it got worse towards the end and started radiating to my arm then I panicked even more that I had a tumour. Then I remember one day I just woke up and it had practically gone.

I completely relate that you’re in an HA panic but you must stop googling. And if you had bone cancer you would have more symptoms than what you have. As for muscle cancer you must know that just sounds really silly. It could even be nerve related have you ever had a sciatica pain? Starts at your bum and shoots down your leg, I suffer the odd time from this and it’s really painful. But it just goes away and I know what it is. Yours will too I’m sure. Hopefully the X-ray can put your mind at rest.

Listen to ankietyjoe and stop googling! It just leads you down a rabbit hole of misery and never reassures. x

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I'm just gonna leave this here again.
    I’m going to try, but it’s like a coping mechanism that isn’t good for me, I’ll make a conscious effort too though!

I’m going to try, but it’s like a coping mechanism that isn’t good for me, I’ll make a conscious effort too though!
    You need to try harder.

Just to reiterate, it's not possible to recover from health anxiety whilst continuing to google and self check. Those behaviours themselves ARE the health anxiety. It will never go away unless you stop doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by ditzy View Post
    The first bout lasted just short of 7 weeks, but the second one with my son was shorter about 4 weeks. The osteopath the second time round said I obviously had a weak ligament/muscle in my upper back that was triggered by lifting my kids. It was in exactly the same place and exactly the same pain both times. I had an X-ray about week 4 and it found nothing. By this time I was incessantly googling and coming up with rare lung tumours etc. Looking back it’s ridiculous how much I worried but I just didn’t understand how it could go on for so long and not get any better. If anything it got worse towards the end and started radiating to my arm then I panicked even more that I had a tumour. Then I remember one day I just woke up and it had practically gone.

I completely relate that you’re in an HA panic but you must stop googling. And if you had bone cancer you would have more symptoms than what you have. As for muscle cancer you must know that just sounds really silly. It could even be nerve related have you ever had a sciatica pain? Starts at your bum and shoots down your leg, I suffer the odd time from this and it’s really painful. But it just goes away and I know what it is. Yours will too I’m sure. Hopefully the X-ray can put your mind at rest.

Listen to ankietyjoe and stop googling! It just leads you down a rabbit hole of misery and never reassures. x
    I did think it was sciatica at first but it isn’t really down the back of the thigh, it’s in the inside and the front, sometimes on the outside too. I also to have lower back pain more than usual at the moment.
    I’m a day late for my period now and I’ve never been late in my life apart from being pregnant and I’m definitely not pregnant. Now I’m thinking I do have cancer and it’s stopping my body from functioning normally. 😞
    I rubbed some muscle gel on it last night and today and I think it improved it somewhat but I could still feel a pulling sensation when I walked my kids to school.

So the pain seems to be in the top thigh muscle more than anywhere now.
    When I tense the muscle purposely it hurts. Can this really be muscle tension or strain? I’m so anxious this morning because I’ve woken up and it’s sore already. I know I’m asking for reassurance again but guys I’m really struggling to keep myself at a sane level

When I tense the muscle purposely it hurts. Can this really be muscle tension or strain?
    C'mon now Chlobo.... Answer that one yourself

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Okay so hear me out on this one,
    I was walking my dog yesterday down the fields where I usually take him, and I fell in a hole with my bad leg and I felt this awful pain in the same area of my thigh that hurts where I’d twisted my thigh as I stepped in this hole.
    I wonder if this was the cause of my thigh pain and how it started?
    I walk my dog here all the time and I fall down a few holes when I’m walking him.
    The way I fell sort of coincides with the pain and exactly where it is, I also wear boots down there with a chunky heel which isn’t the best shoe I’ll admit.
    I’m annoyed at myself because I’m back to square one with this thigh now, it’s so sore since I did that and I’ve gone two steps back now as it was starting to feel ever so slightly better the last couple of days. I just wonder if this is a muscle tear that I’ve caused when falling down one of these holes in the last few weeks and not realised!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    C'mon now Chlobo.... Answer that one yourself

Positive thoughts

I know, I know I just have to ask! You make me feel better

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information