Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Back again with Thigh pain.

Re: Back again with Thigh pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
    Okay so hear me out on this one,
    I was walking my dog yesterday down the fields where I usually take him, and I fell in a hole with my bad leg and I felt this awful pain in the same area of my thigh that hurts where I’d twisted my thigh as I stepped in this hole.
    I wonder if this was the cause of my thigh pain and how it started?
    I walk my dog here all the time and I fall down a few holes when I’m walking him.
    The way I fell sort of coincides with the pain and exactly where it is, I also wear boots down there with a chunky heel which isn’t the best shoe I’ll admit.
    I’m annoyed at myself because I’m back to square one with this thigh now, it’s so sore since I did that and I’ve gone two steps back now as it was starting to feel ever so slightly better the last couple of days. I just wonder if this is a muscle tear that I’ve caused when falling down one of these holes in the last few weeks and not realised!
    You have answered your own question! Of course it could’ve been caused by this but also you could have done it at any time. You are worrying way too much about a pain that will just resolve itself eventually. I’ve wasted so much of my life worrying and getting into anxiety spirals about simple muscle/mechanical pains that I’ve had. Always thought cancer cancer, lung,ovarian,bowel, spine...you name it. It’s so silly. Try telling yourself this is a pain and it’s uncomfortable but it will just pass.

It’s been 6 weeks and I’m just so fed up with it.
    The physio therapist rang me yesterday and said it sounds like hip flexor pain with possible hip bursitis. Do I believe him? Nope I’m anxious as hell today. If I had cancer would my leg of got worse do you think? Would I know if I had cancer in 6 weeks

Would I know I had cancer in my leg if it’s been 6 weeks? Sorry I know I’m bumping this up again but I’m finding myself more anxious as the days go on and it isn’t going away

Help me understand what you mean by, "would I know I had cancer in my leg if it's been 6 weeks?" The only way to know that is to be diagnosed by a doctor. It appears that you are allowing a routine leg pain to overwhelm your thinking. I would encourage you to challenge your thoughts and do what your physio therapist recommends.

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

I mean would the symptoms have got a lot worse? Would it be excruciating.!
    The doctor has said not cancer but I’m struggling to push it to the side.
    My lower back aches a lot at the moment too.
    I have been doing my exercises but it seems to make it sore. Not sure if that’s normal

Sorry didn’t meant to put the exclamation mark, I’m just so worried I don’t want to die and leave my kids

The doctor has said not cancer
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have had bursitis and sciatica and both were very painful and lasted almost 2 months.

It takes time for these things to heal.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The doctor has said not cancer but I’m struggling to push it to the side.
    Try harder then.

Your anxiety is self inflicted, so find a way to get in front of it.

If the Doctor has told you it's not cancer, nobody here is going to be able to provide any further reassurance.

Your lower back ache could be tension where your anxiety is so high. I’ve had really uncomfortable back aches where I’ve been worried about ovarian cancer, sometimes to the point of waking me at night it was that painful. Then the back made me worry it was a symptom of the cancer which then made me more tense. A vicious circle. Funnily enough as soon as a test cleared my cancer worry the back pain disappeared in a couple of days. All tension caused by the anxiety. I would imagine this is maybe what is happening with you too. You have to trust what the professionals are saying to you and deal with your anxiety there is no other way.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information