Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Back again with Thigh pain.

Re: Back again with Thigh pain.

You’ve had loads of comments for reassurance so I don’t know that I need to chime in - but, a few phrases stuck out to me through your posts. You walk a dog and push a stroller up and down hilly areas, you fall in holes, you carry your toddler on the hip that is bothering you...to me this only points to a physio issue and nothing else. You’ve strained your hip muscle or hip joint and it’s going to take time to recover. Can you skip the hills for a bit and just walk on flat ground while you wait for it to heal? Maybe switch the toddler to the other hip as well? Just small changes and see if that helps in a couple weeks? These injuries can take loads of time to heal. I’m still struggling with an ankle injury that happened 4+ months ago.

Thank you everyone for the comments.
    I had my X-ray this morning and the tech said she couldn’t see anything immediately concerning, she said the results would be with the doctor in a week but if the anxiety was too much to call in 4 days as they should be there by then.
    Do we think this is positive?
    I told her what I was anxious about and she said why would you think you had cancer?
    I’m hoping this is positive and if they could see something alarming I’d know by now

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    You’ve had loads of comments for reassurance so I don’t know that I need to chime in - but, a few phrases stuck out to me through your posts. You walk a dog and push a stroller up and down hilly areas, you fall in holes, you carry your toddler on the hip that is bothering you...to me this only points to a physio issue and nothing else. You’ve strained your hip muscle or hip joint and it’s going to take time to recover. Can you skip the hills for a bit and just walk on flat ground while you wait for it to heal? Maybe switch the toddler to the other hip as well? Just small changes and see if that helps in a couple weeks? These injuries can take loads of time to heal. I’m still struggling with an ankle injury that happened 4+ months ago.

Thank you for your response.
    I’ve been doing smaller walks and trying to steer away from fields at the moment so not to fall over again.
    I will definitely try swapping her to the other hip and seeing if that helps as well.
    I had my X-ray this morning and the tech said she couldn’t see anything immediately concerning, and would send results to doctor which would take 7 days but to call in four if I was super anxious as they would be there.
    I’m hoping this is positive

It’s horrible when you can’t stop worrying about things isn’t it?

I get the most random leg pains all the time it’s really strange. Like I can just be sitting here and I will get a throbbing pain in my thigh all of a sudden. (In my case personally I put it down to being overweight).
    There would be other symptoms if you had a blood clot such as breathlessness or a persistent cough.
    My advice would be to see how things go and if it is still like this in a few weeks then go and see the GP again.

I think the techs response after you told her what you were anxious about is key. If she thought your symptoms in any way pointed to what you were fearing, she would not have asked you that!

Problem is the pain just isn’t going away, right in the groin it’s sore, like I have pulled it or torn something. But it says on google most groin injuries take 6/8 weeks to heal. I think I’m on week 8 now and yes it’s got better than it was but it isn’t going away

Muscle aches and pains are part of anxiety. We hold our muscles tense. It makes them spasm and hurt.

I had five kids by the time I was twenty eight. I can relate to where you are. I look back and realize that my body was YELLING at me to take better care of myself. Maybe your body is doing the same thing? I think glass girl gave you some great ideas to start with.

Also, old 60 year old me gets thigh pain a lot. It is actually referred pain from arthritis in my knees. I have two heating pads to help me out when it comes on. This has been happening for years. If it’s cancer, it’s the slowest in the world.

Take care of yourself, okay? Give your body a break. It’s probably tired and over stressed. You can still be an amazing mom while taking time to relax.

Best,
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cptdebbie View Post
    Muscle aches and pains are part of anxiety. We hold our muscles tense. It makes them spasm and hurt.

I had five kids by the time I was twenty eight. I can relate to where you are. I look back and realize that my body was YELLING at me to take better care of myself. Maybe your body is doing the same thing? I think glass girl gave you some great ideas to start with.

Also, old 60 year old me gets thigh pain a lot. It is actually referred pain from arthritis in my knees. I have two heating pads to help me out when it comes on. This has been happening for years. If it’s cancer, it’s the slowest in the world.

Take care of yourself, okay? Give your body a break. It’s probably tired and over stressed. You can still be an amazing mom while taking time to relax.

Best,
    Debbie
    Maybe this is true, i do spend a lot of time walking but I figure I’m young so I surely shouldn’t be experiencing pain.
    My lower back is always painful, my hips ache and this inner thigh pain/hip pain is just anxiety driving.
    I’m just so worried it could be sometning sinister

So I’ve had my pelvic X-ray, they also did an X-ray down to my knee area so that’s where the pain stops and the doctor has put a note on my system saying it’s normal when I phoned up to ask.
    My mind is jumping to soft tissue sarcoma where an X-ray wouldn’t pick it up due to it being in the muscle.
    This is a special kind of hell.
    The doctor is calling me tomorrow because I made an appointment to speak to him about the X-rays and ask if he thinks I need to continue to worry. I am so so sick and tired of feeling like this

I mean if the X-rays are normal then what could this possibly be?
    Can muscle pain really last this long, it’s been 2 months. I’m struggling so much right now with the anxiety of it all

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information