Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas

Re: Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I remember a tv program called America It’s A Dangerous Place
    On My travels over there I found the Bible Belt f...ing scary.

I honestly cannot believe that Texas and Mississippi are not wearing masks especially with new cases in both States.
    My gawd DUMB and DUMBER
    Oh Alaskan people are warped.
    Lol I also find the Bible Belt f...ing scary! I usually prefer not to think of Mississippi as a state, but I’m surprised at Texas. They usually have some voices of reasons there...

The term bible belt alone is scary. I can just imagine walking into a town to be winked at by a man nailing a 4ft long post onto a larger more upright looking post

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I remember a tv program called America It’s A Dangerous Place
    On My travels over there I found the Bible Belt f...ing scary.

I honestly cannot believe that Texas and Mississippi are not wearing masks especially with new cases in both States.
    My gawd DUMB and DUMBER
    Oh Alaskan people are warped.
    Did anyone shout "blasphemer" at you or did you manage not to swear?

Howdy TerryI can honestly say It was scary so I was on my best behaviourfor me the Tourette’s was well hidden on that trip, rode through there like a dog shot in the a rse.

Hope you and your family are well x

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Lol I also find the Bible Belt f...ing scary! I usually prefer not to think of Mississippi as a state, but I’m surprised at Texas. They usually have some voices of reasons there...
    Hi Vee x
    Don’t think I would go back into Texas my gawd they like their guns in that state.

I do hope the teachers in both states get the vaccine ASAP it’s bloody madness opening up with the amount of new cases.

Hope you are keeping well and safe.Xx

Something else I find extraordinarily hard to fathom is the fanatical and almost fetishist adoration of gun ownership in the US. I think it was 2019 when one of my contacts was going through a situation where there was a multiple shooting at a school his children went to and he was STILL defending gun ownership as a choice and/or right.

There is no sane argument for people to own guns, period. None.

The argument that it's people that are the problem, not the guns is just....well. Yes, it's the PEOPLE that are the problem, and they need to be separated from their weapons.

It's massively arrogant to think that YOU are the sane one and YOU should have the right to bear arms, because life has a habit of pushing you to boiling point and good mental health is not guaranteed. Right? We all know that now, right?

Yes, I've lived in the Bible Belt for a period of time when growing up, and it was not fun. In order to understand the gun culture, you have to understand the paranoia that follows it. The people who are the "gun nuts" are paranoid of what the government might do to them, what the "other people" might to do to them...and they're also paranoid of each other. I live and work in a huge urban metropolis with gangs, and drugs and murders, and I have never felt the urge to own a gun here. The only place I've felt any urge to own a gun? The Bible Belt. Why? Cause you're surrounded by a bunch of crazies who all have guns themselves who are just waiting for an excuse to fire them. And if you call the cops? Chances are they know you are already biased against you in some fashion.

Here, this cartoon may help you understand, AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Go back far enough in history and foreigners were considered the next village down the cart road
    Around 1990 myself and a mate decided to visit a pub in the town where I have now lived since 93. We walked in and I swear if there'd been a bloke playing a piano he would have stopped. Half a dozen blokes turned to look at us, there was dead silence. I was expecting the barman to say 'we dunt ave no strangers round ere, get ye garn'.

There was another country pub where the landlord's regulars were almost like the only people allowed to drink there. He would react as though I was inconveniencing him if I asked for a pint. 'Get ye back where ye came from, and keep te the rood cross them moors'.

Now Deliverance, that's a really good film.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information