Thread: Lightheadedness after Pap

Lightheadedness after Pap

Hi all,

I just went to the obgyn for a pap smear and check-up and to talk about preconception. I am about a year after I should have been for my next pap, I've got three or four before. I had an appointment made last year but it got canceled due to covid. I've been so anxious the last few days because I was sure they were going to find something wrong. When they took my pulse, it was 137 which made me even more nervous. But they didn't say anything about it. The doctor did all the other checks first and told me everything looked fine. I always bleed during the pap, but I think I bled quite a bit more this time. She said my cerix was very sensitive. I don't remember hearing that before. She said that's nothing to worry about, but... Then I sat up and she was asking me questions relating to preconception. I could feel all the blooddown there and I saw the speculum and how much blood there was on it and I suddenly got really light headed. I'm usually fine with blood. I worked at a plasma center. I laid back down but just kept feeling worse and worse, I felt like I couldn't breathe with the mask, got really sweaty and hot. I thought I was going to pass out. It's been a couple of hours and I still feel a little woozy and I'm still bleeding. Has anyone had this happen to you before? I'm not sure if it could be because I'm expecting my period in like 5 days. I'm really concerned now about cervical cancer or something else. She said the pap looked fine, but I don't know how much she would be able to tell right away. Just so nervous and anxious and cruddy feeling right now, not to mention embarassed. And I'm so worried about getting pregnant now and going to obgyn for all the appointments and birth, if I can't even handle a pap smear.

Re: Lightheadedness after Pap

You were stressed and anxious prior, had an anxiety/panic attack during and you're still suffering from the aftermath.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Lightheadedness after Pap

It's been two days and I'm still bleeding. It got better yesterday and now it's worse. It's bright red and there are small black clots and I feel like I have a cut or something down there. I looked it up and it said cervical cancer. I've never bled for this long. I'm getting really scared but husband thinks I'm overreacting and this is normal but I really don't think it's normal.

Thread Information