Page 1 of 149 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Agoraphobia - The Diary

Agoraphobia - The Diary

Hi All,

As you know I decided to ditch my meds and go it alone with the battle to beat the agoraphobia.

I have decided to do a daily diary on here to give me the incentive to push myself each day, and hopefully it will encourage others to give it a go too.

So if anyone wants to join me on the thread posting what they have done each day and how they have felt whilst doing it, their thoughts, ideas, well basically anything, please do so, as it may make it easier for us all.

So here goes :

Monday - I waited till it was dark and said I would walk to the top of the road and wait for Ami who walks home from work, Erin (my youngest) came with me along with the dog. The walk to the top of the road wasn't too bad, so we walked a little way along the alley to stand and wait for Ami, thats when I started to feel jittery and could feel the anxiety building. Two little old people decided to stop for a chat, I had to stand and make polite conversation, when really I wanted to shout at them to 'go away cause im finding this soooo hard'. Eventually they said bye and walked away .......... phew relief. Still no sign of Ami and Erin is asking me 'are you ok mum, how do you feel mum, are you sure your ok mum', bless her she was just being concerned but I wanted to yell at her to be quiet your making me think of it even more. After another couple of minutes I couldnt stand there any longer, the feeling of passing out just got too much, I passed the dog to Erin and said quick Ive got to go, and I literally ran home, Erin and Kai trailing behind, and Ami still no where in sight. Once indoors all the usual panic feelings started to subside and the tears started to flow, poor Ami walked in doors to a quivering wreck of a mother. I rang a friend (thanks Zinn) and just ranted, how much I hated this, why is something so simple so hard to do, until i finally calmed back down, but I felt shattered for the rest of the evening.

Tuesday - I waited for Ami to come home from work this time, then asked her if she would walk with me, which she said suprised her after the state I was in on monday.
    So armed with the dog, we walked to the top of the road, which again was fine, then down the side of the houses, and back down the back alley, this wasnt too bad because its pitch black and I felt safer, although Ami was saying if anyone jumps out on us mum im blaming you for dragging us down the alleyway lol. Made it to the back gate and indoors in once peice without having to run this time. My breathing was all over the place and I felt shattered again for the rest of the evening.

So this evening I will do the same walk as yesterday and see how it goes.

Im going to keep doing this short walk each evening until I can do it without worrying about it, then progress to a slightly longer walk, then so on etc.

So come on all you agoraphobics lets beat this once and for all lol

Love

Trac xxxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Re: Agoraphobia - The Diary

I will willing join in on this progress report Trac, as this year has been a much better one for my agoraphobia than last year was.

I can actually start on a positive too (although hearing the difficult days and how people manage those is even more helpful sometimes isn't it).

I went for lunch to a good mate of mines (finally ran out of excuses) she came and picked me up, I had planned to just stay an hour or so and ended up staying 3 hours.

I didn't go without anxiety but I went willing to work with it and I was gonna tell her if I felt crap cos I knew she would bring me home if I wanted.

I did feel panicky a few times (cos its a new house I havent been to yet and I haven't 'done lunch' in ages) but I just tried to let go by relaxing my shoulders and tummy muscles.

Anyway we had a good old goss and the time flew by - I am so pleased I went and it did me the world of good. Agoraphobia can be so flipping isolating can't it.

Keep going Trac and this is the very best part of the year to start - with all the dark nights. It was last Dec after watching 'The house of Agoraphobics' and me laying on the pavement lol that evening that things seemed to slightly turn around.

Love Piglet

Hey Trac..

Well done with your achievement last night! Agoraphobia is a right b***ard.
    I did okayish today. I took my son to school and as normal i start gasping for air on the way home, so instead of running like a loon (causing me to become breathless, so NOT the best thing), i walked slooooooooooowly. I DIDN'T PASS OUT OR ANYTHING...lol.

Mum picked me up for work...fine
    I needed to chat to my son's teacher....fine
    Went to Tescos...fine
    Looked for a Christmas Tree...fine

A pretty fine day.
    Onwards and upwards.
    Tomorrow is my son's nativity. Well, they are doing a production of "Jonah", instead of the normal Christmas play.
    Fingers crossed for that one.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WALK TONIGHT

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Hi all,
    I hope you don't mind me joining this thread.
    I'm not doing so well at the moment. The anxiety is pretty bad and I'm having problems with my neighbours which isn't helping. They play non stop music which I can hear in every room of my house and I can hear it over the TV and even over my own music. It's so hard to ignore it and there is nowhere I can go to get away from it. I'm on edge all the time just waiting for it to start or get louder. Grrrrrrrr.
    Anyway, regarding the agoraphobia, I have taken the dog for a walk every day this week which is really good for me (as well as for him)! I have been out in the daylight and in the dark. It's easier in the dark because I feel that nobody will notice me, but I quite enjoyed taking the dog out when it was light because I could go down by the river (where I'd never go in the dark) and let him off the lead to run about. I haven't been brave enough to go into Tesco by myself yet, but I've walked past it every day and peered inside. Eeeeek. It's always so busy!!!
    I phoned the Doctors to get a repeat prescription and I need to pick up my meds from the chemist on Monday. I will have to walk there in daylight and join a big queue as it's always busy in there. I'm nervous thinking about it already (gulp)!
    It's great to hear how everyone is doing.
    Good luck everyone!
    Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

Good Luck wishes to you all too !

What a fab thread Trace, you can do it my friend, and it looks like you are making progress already.

Well done to the others that have made progress too, be proud of yourselves

love

Andrea
    xxxx

Piglet, a big well done mate on what you achieved today, doesn't it feel good to go out and be sociable, and actually enjoy it, I'm not too bad at going to someone's house as long as im picked up and dropped home again, kind of like being a child again lol.

Bluebell, well done on everything you did today, you did brilliant and good luck at your sons nativity play tomorrow, let us know how it goes

Shoe, your more than welcome to join in the thread the more the merrier, you do really well with the walking, thats one of my fears and something I really do need to get over.

Well tonight Ami got in from work and I ushered her straight back out the door again as i was waiting dog in hand to do my walk lol. Tonight it was not so bad again, I was not even puffing and panting when I got home, so I pottered around before sitting down, then I sat here thinking hang on why am I not feeling all out of breath and panicky ???? flippin cant win worry when my breathing is all over the place, worry when it isn't lol.

Will see what tomorrow has instore, good luck for tomorrow everyone

Love

Trac xxx

Andrea thanks matey, I was posting the same time as you lol, any advice would be most welcome because your a star and have done so well

Love

Trac xxx

Trace

Think we posted at the same time....lol

WELL DONE for todays acheivement too

Andrea
    xxxx

Andrea,

will you stop that, we did it again lol, thanks mate

Love

Trac xxxx

Way To Go Everbody. Keep up the good work. Am so proud of yall.
    Trac, I thought I was nuts, until you mentioned that night time was easier for you. I never put it together, it's because nobody can see me.

Look forward to tomorrows post.

Page 1 of 149 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information