Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Agoraphobia - The Diary

Re: Agoraphobia - The Diary

Whoo Hoo Trac what BRILL post

I will be following everyones progress with great interest

Cmon Peeps you can do it!!!!!!

Luv Kaz x x x

I don't suffer from agoraphobia but just want to give all you lovely people hugs and positive vibes but know you can all do it by taking wee steps cos your all just fab xxxxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

well done you!! i too am agoraphobic and having a pretty bad time at the moment thanks to a stress overload. to be honest im surprised im not bed bound!!!! its only my sense of humour and family that keep me afloat. i will join this thread and youre right, maybe it will help encourage and support each other. ju x

Thanks Believe, Kazz and Mandy, its lovely for us to have the support.

Julie, thats brilliant thats your going to join the thread I am the same as you its my girls and my sense of humour that keeps me going and its definately my girls who keep my spirits up. Post anything you feel like on here, any steps you have taken no matter how small you may think they are, because loads of small steps will take us a long way, rant if you need to, or just generally ramble on lol.

Love

Trac xxxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

You all really inspired me! I'm agoraphobic and after reading Trac post I was determined to try & go out on my own, which is huge for me cause I haven't been out on own for over 3 years now! The more I thought about doing it, the worse my panic got, until in the end, I got so angry with it I just grabbed my coat and keys & went out the door, before I knew it, I had walked half way down the road, only a couple of minutes, but I was overwhelmed!

I turned round and came home and as soon as I walked through the door floods of tears, couldn't believe what I had just done! I was shaking and crying but I was so pleased with what I had done! Can't believe it still!! Gona try again today but will have to do the same as yesterday, just grab my coat and do it, otherwise the more I think about it, the worse the panic & anxiety gets. I didn't tell my husband or family, I feel that if I do, I HAVE to do it again, but I know they would all be so pleased with me, silly really, do you all feel like that?

Thanks for this motivation!!

Lol - go us!!!

Love Piglet

I'm too agoraphobic i never go out alone ive been like this for some years now and got to the stage where it upsets me of having to rely on my partner all the time.
    Im trying my best to keep meeting my therapst every fews days at the end of my street i find it so hard to get out of my own front door alone ive never done that until i had this therapst come see me....the other day she said she would meet me at the bus stop on my street just knowin that i had to walk out the door alone and walk a few steps to the bus stop made me go into a right panic my partner kept on telling me you will be fine if it was any other day i would of walked you there but that wont help you !

Ive got to meet her further down the street on monday really scared about doin that just being out alone and knowing ppl are there makes me feel ill !

im really trying to beat this my therapst keeps telling me im too young to be in the house lol

lets hope the motivation from everyone here helps me keep going thanks guys xoxox

Becky....WELL DONE

Nicki....It may be distressing but keep in mind that despite that you are STILL doing it. You should be proud of yourself for that.

Today is my son's Nativity play.
    Sweaty hands...check
    Breathless...Check
    Scared....Check
    Dizziness...Check

Good to go then!!!!
    Wish me luck.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

I have started meeting a friend for walks in the park and it has been a grest help..I have to make my own way there but knowing that I am meeting someone I trust is a Great support. The panics come and go like the waves coming in and out but our conversation is never on how I feel which is therapy in itself....Well done everyone for all your dong xx

thanks bluebell ill keep on trying xoxox

Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information