Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Agoraphobia - The Diary

Re: Agoraphobia - The Diary

Trac....WELL DONE GAL!!!

Ok this seems like a brilliant idea but i haven't been able to get out much today as i have the plasterers in, but so far i have taken Ben to school then on to the local shop to pick up some bits and bobs.

I took Ben back to school after lunch time was over and went straight to my friend Lynettes for a cupa, she lives right next to me so that was no big deal.

Tomorrow i HAVE to go shopping so will let you know how it goes.

Trac your a star for what you have done so far

Lisa
    xxx

Wow im made up so many of you have decided to join the thread, thats pure motivation in itself, so thankyou all

Becky, how well did you do eh ???? thats brilliant, i totally relate to how it makes us so much worse if we sit about and think about it before doing it, hell ive been known to walk down the street in me pink fluffy slippers, purely because ive just suddenly felt the need to try it there and then, (ive just realised now why the neighbours always look at my feet as i leave the house now lol) Well you proved nothing was going to happen to you by going out the front door so now remind yourself of this and work with it, dont push yourself too far to fast, even making it out the front door is a huge achievement so do what you feel you can, and carry on with that until you can do it comfortably, then do a few steps more, way to go mate

Nicki, thats excellent that your managing to get out of the house alone now, I find if i look for something to focus on ahead of me I can ignore anything else thats going on around me, have a few practices before monday even if it is just walking to the next house and back, the more you do it the easier it becomes, let us know how you get on

Bluebell, good luck for today mate, hope it goes well for you and rememeber focus on your son and you will forget the anxiety

Purplehaze, its great you have a friend you can meet to go walking with, having the support is a great help, and its brilliant you are able to walk there alone

Lisa, thanks mate xxx excuse me how can you say you havent done much today lol what you have done today would have taken me a week to just pluck up the courage to try lol, good luck with the shopping tomorrow, I think ive forgotten what the inside of a supermarket looks like for the time being lol, let us know how it goes mate

Well I for one wont be doing my walk later in my fluffy slippers as its windy and raining here, trainers and an umbrella me thinks for later ............. hmm thats if me brolly hasnt seized from lack of use lol, will post once I have been later and let you know how it goes .......... one thing ive noticed today though I do seem to be more energetic, maybe i was starting to seize up along with me brolly lol

Lots of love

Trac xxxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

I've also been inspired by you, Trac, and took 5 minutes walk up the road and back today, a little breathless but felt an achievment. I'm looking forward to hearing about how you get on,cheers.

thanks trac ill update on how i get on !
    my younger sister going in hospital on that monday too to have her baby she will be having a c section so worrying over that ! will be going to see her with my dad after ive been out with my theapist ! hospitals make me panic just the smell and feel closed in so hope that goes ok lol !! xoxox

Sagey, thats brilliant, way to go I am so happy for you what an achievement, you proved you could do it, so use this and work on it, do the walk each day until you can do it comfortably, and then increase the distance, let us know how you get on each day, so we can all motivate one another to keep going

Nikki, give your sister all our best wishes, a new baby how exciting, dont forget to practice before seeing your therapist monday, good luck mate xxx

I went for my walk this evening, even the wind and rain didn't put me off, ok so I looked a bit daft in cut off jeans and a rain coat walking along side my daughter who was wrapped up for a monsoon lol. Today I found it slightly easier again, although I do find myself being breathless, which I know is from being anxious, but im not getting the light headed dizzy feeling on the walk now, and I can chat whilst walking instead of wanting to say shut up dont talk to me I think I will carry on with this distance until monday and then increase it and see how that feels

Hope everyone else has had a good day too

Lots of love

Trac xxx

Wow All Jobs Well Done! I am so proud of you all. I know how hard you each are trying, keep up the good work.

I will check back each day to see your reports.

I don't have agoraphobia, but I do know it's scarey with anxiety, so lets all kick butt.

tarce ( ), i of course mean trace .

this idea of yours to keep a running log is a wonderful move. if anything helping you to articulate thoughts and feelings and have a journal to look back on and chart progress is a very positive decision.

you seem to be doing really well and i have faith that you will keep on doing better and better.

of course there will be occaisional set backs, there always are in everything in life, but dont lets this get to you. usually we always see the short term and focus on the now, but i know youll see the gradual upwards trend looking back over this.

and remember, im write behind you and if you stop ill let the lion out of the cage... so RUUUUN FORREST, RRUUUUUUUUNUNNNNNN

seriously though well done trace.

youre one of my best friends and ive got all the faith in the world in you

Believe, thanks for your encouragement, its lovely to have non agoraphobia sufferers giving us the motivation too, so it is really appreciated

Jole ...... oops me means Joel thanks for the nice words honey, just one thing though .........RUN????? bleeding 'ell let us get the hang of the walking first lol, seriously though thankyou cause your always there when I need a mate, and your one of the best

Love

Trac xxx

Hi All

Lovely to read about your successful day !!

Trace thats a brill idea about going a little futhur on Monday .
    The wind and rain would have certainly put me off today Trace, good for you for having the determination to go ahead!

WELL DONE TO everyone else too, i know myself how hard this can be for you all, your all doing Fab KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK PEEPS !!

Love and hugs
    Andrea
    xxxxxxxx

Trac,

I don't know a lot about Agoraphobia (my anx is health anx) so this is a really good way to show other people exactly what you are going through and how hard things can be!

Well Done with the walks - sounds like you are determined

Keep postin and keep up the good work

Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information