Thread: wart on ear

wart on ear

I took my 14 year old to the doctor with a wart on her earlobe, it's right at the entrance to the ear canal. She'd had a bit of discharge not bloody just a bit yellow. The wart started off like a raspberry then dried up and turned into a round red spot. I looked on google and it seemed to be a pyrogenic granuloma. The doctor thought it was a papilloma and said she wanted it checked out urgently. She gave us some ear drops. The ear infection cleared up and my daughter can hear ok now. She's never had any pain just a sore spot. hearing was a bit muffled which was probably due to the infection. I am so worried it is something sinister as we are down for an urgent referral which is 6 months wait here. Should I be worried about this. Also the wart looks like it is shrinking on its own. Do these things disappear. She got some new in ear headphones a few weeks ago (apple ones) and I'm wondering if wearing these has caused the wart.
    Any advice
    Nick

Re: wart on ear

A bit late, but I'd say in ear headphones can very easily cause zits, pimples etc in ears, speaking from experience. I'd recommend making sure to clean the headphones occasionally, earwax and such gets stuck to them sometimes.
    Of course, if the wart starts getting really big or anything else weird happens, or if you're even just unsure, checking with a doctor is always an option.

Re: wart on ear

Good that you got it checked but I would also question if your daughter is scratching and picking at it without knowing etc, perhaps an over the counter Steroid cream might help it a little?

Thread Information