Thread: Back pain

Back pain

Hi I am after some advice please, I am very worried at the moment, I have been getting back pain for the last 4 to 5 months, I did about that time go from a standing up job to a sit down most of day job, which I put the pain down to, I get days where the pain is not there but I do get the pain at night especially when laid in bed and its hard to find a comfortable position, my worry is that back pain at night when googled comes up with spinal tumour, and I am now terrified and its interfering with my day to day life, I spoke to drs and she gave me back pain info, but I'm so worried any advice would be great thanks, toria.

Re: Back pain

Hi, I know what you mean about being worried about the pain still being bad at night indicating cancer, I have had so many bouts of back/leg pain in the past that I’ve worried so much about because a lot of things you read say it should get better at night in bed and worse when you get up. None of my back pain episodes that I’ve had have ever gotten better at night, they’ve been really uncomfortable and affected my sleep. If you had spinal cancer you’d feel the pain all the time and it wouldn’t just go away some days. Just because you’re pain is uncomfortable at night doesn’t mean it’s cancer. This is why you should stop googling. I have wasted so much of my life doing this and diagnosing myself with the silliest things. Back pain is nearly always muscular/mechanical and very rarely is down to anything sinister. Also take it from me the more you worry the more you are tensing and the worse it will be. If it has been really long term then request an X-ray but to be honest if the doctor doesn’t seem worried then you shouldn’t be. I wish I’d have listened to doctors rather than waste so much time and energy googling and worrying about back pain that just resolved itself after a couple of weeks sometimes months.

Hi,sitting all day can give you backache,you should look into physiotherapy for some exercises,that helped me.
    Or use heat packs when you go to bed.
    Of course good old Dr Google will tell you it’s bad,he will scare ya to death the mean MF.x

Thanks you both so much its really appreciated, you are both right in everything you say, just the worry took over and yes dr Google is awful and comes up with the worse case scenario. X

Hi toriahope your back is feeling better and yourself X

Thread Information