Thread: Breast biopsy today... So scared

Breast biopsy today... So scared

Today has been a literal nightmare. I went in for a routine mammogram and immediately they had me follow up with an ultrasound and additional images. The Dr saw a change since my last mammogram a year ago and recommended a biopsy which I had today.
    I was so worked up about this appointment and it's like my worst nightmare came true. I'll get the results back within 2-4 days but obviously I'm so scared.
    I'm hoping to hear from those who have had breast biopsies that have come back benign. Thank you!

Re: Breast biopsy today... So scared

I did not have it, but I know my friends , actually few of them, whose biopsies came back as literally nothing. Tons of biopsies come back negative, try not to worry so much in advance. My good friend, who is only 42, had almost identical situation late in 2019, she was scared to death. At the end - everything negative, some benign changes due to very dense breasts. Also, little calcification, benign, and that is what scared the doctor. But, in the end, everything fine. I will be thinking of you.

p.s. How old are you, if I may ask?
    Last edited by Lana; 04-03-21 at 04:03. Reason: typo

I had one done in 2019 and that was after an ultrasound showed a change. It turned out to be calcification. For what it’s worth my doctor said if the biopsy showed cancer she would have been notified straight away. In January I had my 2 year mammogram and it was fine.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had a biopsy in 2016 for a calcification and it was benign and now I have new calcifications in my left breast. Our breasts change constantly, mostly normal benign changes, especially nearing midlife. I'll be praying all comes out fine for you.

Thread Information