Firstly I want to say that I know that nobody on here is a doctor or qualified to give me medical advice but I truly appreciate each and every one of you take the time to try to reassure me and others in our difficult times.

I have been so lucky in that I have been well for a good few years up until now and for that I am so thankful!

Unfortunately things changed a few weeks ago when I had a real health scare (possible diabetes) which I had to have bloods taken to check for, thankfully I don't have diabetes, however my hypothyroidism is worse (never worried me before) and also my white blood count was slightly raised, my GP put my hypo meds up and suggested that I may have an infection so prescribed antibiotics, I'd had a stinging throat for a couple of days and felt like my throat was swollen or like I had a lump in my throat, also asked my son to look at my throat and he said he could see a white patch on one tonsil and a couple of white spots on the other, the throat feeling became worse and I started to feel like there was something stuck in my throat (A pill or small piece of food) by this time my HA was in full swing.

I'd had to ask my poor mum to come and stay as I really wasn't managing and I have 3 young boys as well as being a single mum.

I wrote on here out of desperation terrified that my throat issues were something a lot more scary and I got some lovely replies from some of the sweet members on here which really did help!

Fast forward to around 2 weeks later and after finishing my antibiotics the throat feeling is still there most of the time although I barely felt ot at all yesterday and it seems fine in the mornings.

The white on my tonsils is still there, no pain at all since those first couple of days and this is now causing me to not want to eat because it's always worse after I do, especially after dinner when i have a larger meal, it feels like food is stuck.

I have completely changed my diet to a completely and now only eat healthy foods and have increased my water intake, I am not eating snacky foods or sweet stuff at all.

I come on here and read practically identical stories of others who have or are dealt/dealing with the same and it looks like globus but a lot of people i have read have said that this did/has lasted months or even years! This terrifies me 😔
It is taking everything in me not to make myself sick all the time and or completely freak out and its only been a few weeks!

I did call my GP around a week ago about this and was told to continue my antibiotics and that all my bloods were normal apart from the thyroid and white blood count but if it didn't clear up he could refer me to ENT, this is another fear because
A. I'm terrified of having a scope put down my throat
B. I'm worried that it could be that my thyroid is constricting my throat
C. Scared of anything else they may find

I'm laying here in tears unable to sleep, praying that this goes, I don't know what to do, and to top it all off my mum has to go back home on Sunday as my boys will be returning to school (they were home schooled due to Uk lockdown) and it's not safe for her to be here with them going to and from school, I just feel so alone and so scared 😭