Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some reassurance RE: COVID vaccine

Some reassurance RE: COVID vaccine

Not sure if this is the right place but I wanted to write this post in the hope that it may help at least one person who fears getting the vaccine!

I am a HA sufferer and I am currently going through a bout at the moment 😏

However last week I received a letter offering me the vaccine and telling me how to book, when I went online there was only a few possible appointments and all within a few days or so, anyway I had to choose one and figured that if I wasn't going through a bout of HA then I would of just booked with no problem (slight anxiety but nothing too bad)

Anyway my mum had booked hers for the same day just 5 mins apart, the nearest place offering it was 20 miles away (30 mins by train)

I was very anxious but went, it was all very quick, our details were taken and we waited in line for around 10 mins, the nurse was amazing and so funny, I felt the tiniest pressure and it was done!

My mum felt nothing at all.
    That was Monday and neither of us have had any side effects other than a very slight arm ache!

If I can do it........ANYONE can! 🙂

Re: Some reassurance RE: COVID vaccine

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you for sharing! So pleased you’ve had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing - I am having 'covid vaccine anxiety' today :(

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Thanks for sharing - I am having 'covid vaccine anxiety' today :(
    Oh Carys.
    It would be weird if you just skipped in there. I still get anxiety around my yearly flu shot. It’s perfectly natural.
    I’m sure when I get my turn that I’ll be anxious too & you can help me then x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shall we call it "VaxxAnx"? It's all perfectly normal, Carys..I presume you've got a date or are anticipating one shortly?

I have a date yes, in the rather close future (which I made myself I'd like to add) LOL I am flippin terrified of vaccines and any medication, its nearly stopped me having necessary surgery in the past. I know, I know, 23 million people have already had it and are fine........I'm working hard on positive reinforcement, really hard, but as a life-long avoider of anything that could cause 'anaphylaxis' and even basic painkillers, its pushing me, but I will do it.

I think some people are skipping in though Scass, it sounds that way when they say 'oh goody, great.....' I've never had a flu shot, and I think last time I had a vaccine was 25 years ago.

VaxAnx - yes, it needs a name LOL

Can you look at it as a huge investment for your health? Like a mammogram? A screening tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I have a date yes, in the rather close future (which I made myself I'd like to add) LOL I am flippin terrified of vaccines and any medication, its nearly stopped me having necessary surgery in the past. I know, I know, 23 million people have already had it and are fine........I'm working hard on positive reinforcement, really hard, but as a life-long avoider of anything that could cause 'anaphylaxis' and even basic painkillers, its pushing me, but I will do it.

I think some people are skipping in though Scass, it sounds that way when they say 'oh goody, great.....' I've never had a flu shot, and I think last time I had a vaccine was 25 years ago.

VaxAnx - yes, it needs a name LOL
    Carys you sound very much like me. I only take ibuprofen or Tylenol for pain. Even during my kidney stone episode...they wanted to pump me full of morphine or Demerol and I refused lol. Don’t do flu shots. Get anxious about any new antibiotic they try to put me on, so will typically only take penicillin when needed. The Covid vax has me extremely nervous. But guaranteed I’ll be getting it just as soon as they say it’s my turn.

from what I’ve seen it’s so quick you won’t even know you’ve had it done. The worst part for me will be the 15 min observation time where I’m not allowed to leave and I’ll be “scanning” my body for side effects constantly. I can’t wait for my turn though - I’m my mind it’s what signals the start of returning to “normal” times.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    The worst part for me will be the 15 min observation time where I’m not allowed to leave and I’ll be “scanning” my body for side effects constantly. I can’t wait for my turn though - I’m my mind it’s what signals the start of returning to “normal” times.
    Here in the UK it seems if you have the OAZ vaccine this 15-minute wait doesn't happen; I was Pfizered and it did - and yes, I was doing the "body scan" thing too!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information