Thread: Can anyone help?

Can anyone help?

Hi guys

I’m scared about something that’s happening and wanted some help if possible

I’m 48 my period started last Friday I am normally very regular give or take the odd day and usually bleed between 5 and 7 days

Today is day 6 and while it did slow down and almost stop the bleeding has started again and I have all the feelings of it being day one of my period like belly ache lower back pain only thing that isn’t too bad is tender breasts

I have bad HA and I’m scared something is wrong or maybe it’s my age anyone ever had this?

I have had a bit of an anxious week but I have had a lot worse times than this and it has never affected my periods

I’m really scared guys 😫

Re: Can anyone help?

Perhaps it's peri-menopause or menopause? Pretty easy to determine with a doctor visit.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

At your age periods can be all over the place. They should last up to 7 days, so if it goes on for much longer and you are concerned then there’s no harm in seeking advice from a gp.

Mine are often all over the place and I’m a couple years older than you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys

Thanks for replies

This is still happening this is day 8 now my period started last Friday so a week yday

It’s only when I wipe and it’s bright red there’s nothing on the pad it is sending me spiralling out of control I sometimes feel like I can’t cope

I keep being told it could be stress it’s been a very stressful week but I’ve had worse times than this and it hasn’t happened

I am going to have to tell my doctor which could mean I will have to have tests I’m so scared

The only 2 things that really really scare me is down below stuff and my heart 😞

Thanks guys

Oh goodness at 48 years old my periods were stop start, spot, heavy, long, light, 12 day bleeding, 4 days bleeding, 1 day bleeding, 28 days bleeding, 21 day cycles, 40 day cycles......you get the picture.....any manner of bleeding, any pattern, anything possible, throw all the cards up in the air and every month different. Hormones, age.....

It used to freak me very very badly as those changes started happening, but get used to it, your body is going to start throwing curved balls at you and all previous rules are null and void. There are 3 stages of perimenopause, and with menopause average (the complete 12 month cessation of periods) being at 50/51 years old, then you are well and truly in the right age group. I've done a lot of peri/meno reading and a high proportion of women leading up to the 'change' have a few periods a year that are longer than 8 days, and often MUCH longer. Your hormones are subtly shifting and the delicate balance is changing, stress can have a much bigger effect than it used to years ago, as if you are low on progesterone as part of the 'changes' then your body makes adrenaline instead of progesterone.....then bingo.....longer period.

Have a chat with your GP, I did at your age, and based on my symptoms and period diaries it was deemed perimenopause.
    Last edited by Carys; 06-03-21 at 12:36.

Thanks Carys

My stupid head immediately goes to some kind of cancer 😞

I really hate this I really hate living this way

I had my first meeting with the “intergrated care team” last week I had 2 mental health nurses come to my home in full ppe and talk to me about all this

They were here a good 2 hours and are coming back on 17th March I really hope this will help me start to live a life again instead of living in fear

That’s if this bleeding doesn’t already mean I’m doomed

I literally keep praying and promising not to moan or whinge about anything as long as I am ok this time 😫

What a saddo eh?

Thank you guys xxx

Ditto to what Carys said. I'm 50 and my cycles have been crazy for the past 2 years. Long and short cycles. Super heavy or light, 2 days or 10. Stop/start. Constant breast pain. It's very frustrating. You are not alone. x

Thread Information