Thread: so scared of getting a cold after vcovid vaccine

so scared of getting a cold after vcovid vaccine

so a customer came in to work today and he was sick and i did his blood pressure and so got kinda close, and i am freaking out i cant get sick.. i have to be at work next week and im scared it will be worse because i got the vaccine .. im frekaing out

Re: so scared of getting a cold after vcovid vaccine

No one enjoys a cold but how is that scary and what would getting the vaccine and protection against COVID have to do with it?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

so once i got a flu shot .. and then i caught a cold in the week after .. and it was the worse cold i got, becasue i got the fly shot and it haven't been 2 weeks. and i just got the covid vaccine on Wednesday.. so im scared the cold will be a millions time worse , if i get it and i need to work

So a coincidence is feeding an unfounded fear? There's no evidence getting a flu shot or a COVID vaccine and contracting a cold afterwards will make the cold any better or worse. It's an entirely different virus Hope you stay well regardless as like I said, no one enjoys a cold.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by ashleep View Post
    so once i got a flu shot .. and then i caught a cold in the week after .. and it was the worse cold i got, becasue i got the fly shot and it haven't been 2 weeks. and i just got the covid vaccine on Wednesday.. so im scared the cold will be a millions time worse , if i get it and i need to work
    People generally get flu shots in flu season, which is when dozens of other respiratory infections are most active within the population.

Isn’t it far more likely that you just happened to catch the common cold, as most of us do at least once a year, than it is to be some unknown side effect from a completely unrelated vaccination?

Remember, correlation does not prove causation.

My local orangutan just got covid vaccine and looks fine

Got coughed on this weekend, freaking out and i just have the covid shot

ahhh i try so hard not to be close to people but this girl walked pass me and had such a bad cough and actually coughed on me and i got the vaccine this week, and i get sick it will be worse with the shot in me, like she so was sick. and i really need to be a work this week

im freaking out so much... like she shouldn't have been out been that sick, i was trying to leave the store because i hear her coughing, but wiht my luck she walked pass me and coughed and i just got the shot so it will be way worse

Re: Got coughed on this weekend, freaking out and i just have the covid shot

First a guy who you helped with his BP and now this? A vaccine cannot and will not dictate the severity of any other illness or virus.

FMP

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information