Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *ANOTHER* question for agoraphobics.

Re: *ANOTHER* question for agoraphobics.

Hi,

1) I can walk alone almost anywhere. However, I would really struggle to walk over a brigde or in a tunnel.

2) Again with someone almost anywhere, but would find a bridge difficult.

3) I can drive alone within about a 15mile radius. However, I still get mild anxiety when I venture out of a 5mile radius, but I do do it. I could never drive on a motorway on my own, or any real distance away from home.

4) Again, it's okay within a 15mile radius when someone else is driving. I still could never drive on a motorway with someone else in the car. Even if someone else is driving, hubby included, I still struggle to go on a motorway. I have done it when absolutely necessary, like going on holiday, but it's really difficult. If it was someone I hardly knew, I would not be able to go on the motorway.

Reading this thread. i'm wondering how many people can visit theirG.P. ......are Doctors generally willing to visit agorophobics or do they try and force them to surgery? hope I'm not seen as trying to hi-jack thread, just curiousity from the replies so far.

In reply to you Sagey..

When i was housebound before the doctors AT A PUSH came and saw me, now, i don't think they would unless it was an emergency.

Let's hope i don't get like that again!!!!!!!!!!

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Thanks Bluebell.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm nosey, forgive me!!!!
    Just wondered and if you don't mind telling me...
    (In either distance or time)

1) What are your limits walking alone?
    2) What are your limits walking with someone?
    3) What are your limits driving alone?
    4) What are your limits driving with someone?
    5) Do you panic at home?

Curious

x
    1) I can walk anywhere alone apart from walking into a supermarket and standing at the checkout.
    2) Again, I can walk anywhere if I'm with someone too.
    3) I don't mind driving locally alone but not long distance.
    4) I like driving long distance even if i'm with someone and I especially hate country roads.
    5) The only time I feel i'm going to panic at home is if someone comes round and I have to try and act 'norma'

Hiya

Mine are:

Walking alone - i can walk about 15 mins from my house alone and feel ok

Walking with someone - about the same - however i will walk through town when with someone but not alone

Driving alone - managed 5 miles (about 15 mins from my house) yesterday but will not go on local ferry; motorway; dual carriageway; into town; only on local roads

Driving with someone - about 5mins from my house as i am not in control so hate someone else driving or even being in the car 1-incase i have a panic attack and dont like my fiance/friends seeing me like that 2-incase i do start to panic and they insist i keep going and dont turn round

At home i rarely have full panic attacks its my place of safety although i do get the panicky feelings at home when i know i have to go out

Emma

1) My limits walking alone are not even halfway down my road (2 minutes at a maximum)
    2) My limits walking with someone are the same, or possibly a little further or a little shorter depending on how i am that day.
    3) I don't drive.
    4) I can't even get in a car....
    5) I panic at home frequently, especially before i go to sleep, when i wake up or when i'm with someone

I'm hoping i'll find something to change that soon though =]

1) In the day i find it very difficult to walk anywhere alone, when it's dark it's easier

2) If i'm with someone i don't think there's any limits on how far i can walk (it's far from pleasant but i can usually do it), although at my worst times this has been impossible too

3) I can drive on routes that i know in the day. At night (when the roads are much quieter) i can drive pretty much anywhere

4) No limits if someone else is driving

5) I don't panic at home unless i know i've got to go out or someone comes round unexpectedly

1) What are your limits walking alone? Not too far from the house
    2) What are your limits walking with someone? Again not too far from the house but I prefer to be alone
    3) What are your limits driving alone? About 20 miles from the house, hoping for no traffic
    4) What are your limits driving with someone? About 4 miles from the house, hoping for no traffic, prefer to be alone
    5) Do you panic at home? Yes especially if someone else is there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information