Thread: Anyone else on Trintellix

Anyone else on Trintellix

Couldn't find it on medication list here. Doc just put me on 10Mg's feel sorta weirder out. Is this gear safe? I got d & a

Re: Anyone else on Trintellix

Maybe PDU will know leb,quack oh I meant gronk

Quote Originally Posted by gronk View Post
    Couldn't find it on medication list here. Doc just put me on 10Mg's feel sorta weirder out. Is this gear safe? I got d & a
    to NMP, gronk

Vortioxetine (Trintellix, aka Brintellix) is one of the newish antidepressants (ADs) that combine the actions of a SSRI with those of buspirone (Buspar). It hasn't exactly set the world on fire, but is as likely to work as any other SSRI. It usually isn't the first choice AD and seems to be mostly prescribed when older SSRIs haven't worked. Have you been on ADs before?

All SSRIs may produce side-effects and make anxiety and/or depression worse at the beginning due to the initial increase in serotonin activity. The body will usually respond after a while by reducing serotonin synthesis and expression with the side-effects then beginning to diminish. While side-effects can sometimes be unpleasant they are not usually a sign of physical harm. That would be bad for business. Nor are side-effects necessarily all caused by the AD. An anxious mind is quite capable of producing the worst symptoms imaginable if allowed to ruminate.

Thanks for your help bro

I was on sertraline a few years ago, don't remember side effects but They gave me ,xanax to take with it

I was on sertraline a few years ago, don't remember side effects but They gave me ,xanax to take with it
    If the vortioxetine triggers severe anxiety then by all means ask for alprazolam, or another of the benzodiazepines, again, but they inhibit the mechanism by which ADs work so best not taken just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    If the vortioxetine triggers severe anxiety then by all means ask for alprazolam, or another of the benzodiazepines, again, but they inhibit the mechanism by which ADs work so best not taken just in case.
    Cheers again bro 😉

This time it ain't anxiety but just feel sorta brain dead numb

Thanks for warning about them tranx. Last time they went dead on me but a lot of my mob take the same shit so I was aware of the dangers. Never knew they could mess with your AD but don't surprise me.

Never knew they could mess with your AD but don't surprise me.
    The benzodiazepines (BZDs) don't directly. ADs work by stimulating the growth of brain cells in the two hippocampal regions of the brain. The new cells and the connections they form producer the therapeutic response, not ADs directly. BZDs do the opposite, inhibiting their growth, as do high stress hormone levels, which are the cause of anxiety disorders and depression, and also alcohol, cannabis and opiates.

That said, if BZDs are needed to ease AD induced anxiety then they are a better option than stopping the AD.

Thread Information