Thread: Terrified about possible lymphoma

Terrified about possible lymphoma

My height is approx. 186 cm and my weight is somewhere around 60 kg. I am worried about palpable lymph nodes under my chin that I've noticed about a year ago. Two of them are in the sublingual/submandibular area. I can easily feel them when I stretch out my neck, but they are soft, they are easily movable and their size fluctuates. The one I'm worried about the most is one right under my chin. When I dig my finger into the skin right under my chin, I can feel a hard painless lump. It moves around, but it feels very hard when I roll it along the bone. I know that hard lymph nodes are one of the signs of lymphoma, and now I'm really worried, especially considering the fact that it's been there for at least a year now. I am experiencing no other symptoms and my CBC is perfectly fine. I did a blood test 5 times last year because I was worried about petechiae randomly appearing on my skin but they all turned out normal. What should I do? Is a hard lymph node a guarantee that I have something serious like lymphoma? I'm absolutely terrified.

Re: Terrified about possible lymphoma

Quote Originally Posted by Tankist View Post
    I am worried about palpable lymph nodes under my chin that I've noticed about a year ago....I'm really worried, especially considering the fact that it's been there for at least a year now....my CBC is perfectly fine. I did a blood test 5 times last year.... they all turned out normal.
    Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information