Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here I am again!!!

Re: Here I am again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Siggsy49 View Post
    I hear alot about the slow release venlafaxine. Is this better?
    It should give you a smoother rise as there will be less fluctuation in plasma levels.

I'm only on 37.5mg twice a day. This has been for 2 weeks now.
    As with all ADs, it will likely take 4-12 weeks to kick-in. Plus that is only a starting dose. Most need to take 100-225mg/day for optimum results. Venlafaxine only begins to inhibit noradrenaline/norepinephrine reuptake at around 225mg. The maximum recommended dose is 375mg.

Are you taking venlafaxine yourself?
    Nope, I took it for two days back in the 1990s, but as with all the SSRIs I've tried it made me hyper/manic. I'm on the TCA dosulepin which is no longer prescribed to new patients in the UK because of its cardio toxicity.

So past few days im feeling bad again? I have to go online to request a call from the doctor to discuss upping my dosage. This was Tuesday morning. I got a email saying I'll get a call back Thursday morning. Im really struggling after feeling well for a few days. The support for mental health is poor. Im sure a quick call Tuesday to get my dosage increased wouldn't of taken too much time.

So past few days im feeling bad again? I have to go online to request a call from the doctor to discuss upping my dosage. This was Tuesday morning. I got a email saying I'll get a call back Thursday morning. Im really struggling after feeling well for a few days.
    I don't think the venlafaxine is having much, if any impact at this stage, good or bad. Too low a dose and not enough time for new neurons to grow much. They take about 7 weeks to mature although they can begin to have some positive effect a little earlier.

Im sure a quick call Tuesday to get my dosage increased wouldn't of taken too much time.
    True, but would he have been paid for it?

So I've been waiting for a call from the doctor today. I checked my emails and he has just emailed saying to take 75mg in the morning and 37.5mg in the evening. So didn't even get to ask about getting slow release. Its so hard trying to discuss anything with my doctor. He doesnt seem to be very supportive or understanding my mental health. He avoids as much as possible.

he has just emailed saying to take 75mg in the morning and 37.5mg in the evening. So didn't even get to ask about getting slow release.
    Maybe not ideal, but at least he did authorise a higher dose.

Its so hard trying to discuss anything with my doctor. He doesnt seem to be very supportive or understanding my mental health. He avoids as much as possible.
    I know it isn't easy, but I'd be looking to change to another, or asking for a referral to a psychiatrist.

Hi all. So last week my doctor increased my medication to 150mg slow release. I think I have slept most of the week away!
    I've not really had any bad side effects up until now. And thats the excessive sleeping after been put on slow release. Is there anyone else taking this medication. Or anyone else with knowledge on this medication? Many thanks 😊

So here I am again......
    Now on 300mg venlafaxine. The reason I'm sticking with this medication is that I have improved alot taking it. I can go 7-9days feeling good but then I start feeling tired and have to lie down. Then wake up a few days later. Ive been on 300mg nearly a month now. Any views on this dosage?

I can go 7-9days feeling good but then I start feeling tired and have to lie down. Then wake up a few days later.
    You sleep for several days straight? Are you getting around 8 hours sleep on the 7-9 days you feel good? Have you discussed this with the prescribing doctor?

Ive been on 300mg nearly a month now. Any views on this dosage?
    The recommended maximum venlafaxine dose is 375mg/day so you're at the high end but some of us need high doses to get optimum results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information