Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: disappointed with nmp about some issues , let me explain

Re: disappointed with nmp about some issues , let me explain

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    Just reply using your other account then.

Attachment 5310
    Who is that please?

BlueIris, now I am offended.
    It's almost like you are implying I would allow people to do harm to a child. This is on the back of my post which was explaining how some people are struggling with the current situation and have different views to the mainstream and struggle with fear and anxiety because of it.
    I DO think people should be supported if they are struggling with their mental health. Believers and non believers. The effects of either are affecting mental well-being.
    I'm quite disappointed by your remark BlueIris, especially as you have known me for sometime now. I really don't know why you would even suggest such a question directed at me personally. Especially when my 2 babies died.
    Maybe you might like to consider your choice of words more carefully in future to others.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    You're confusing repeatable science and results with research or a study.

The 'science' of virology and results of covid testing are long, long standing. It's not the same as doing a study of X amount of people to see how high certain groups can jump. Studies are allowed to cherry pick data and show what suits the purpose of the study. That isn't the same as being able to test that water still boils at 100 deg at sea level, or that a wave bounces off a flat surface at a certain angle. Some stuff we do actually 'know' now because we understand the mechanisms behind them, dunking witches was an assumption (see previous explanation of what that word actually means) based on observation. It's not the same thing, and not an accurate analogy.
    I was only making a point that we trust in those conducting science as Carys realised.

I sadly made the mistake of being sucked into what this shouldn't be about so I'm going to leave it thete. No disrespect to you, Joe, but it's irrelevant to anxiety support which I believe this thread needs to be about.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 09-03-21 at 20:18. Reason: Typo

Can you echo that comment to BlueIris please Terry, because she seems to have her claws out.

Carnation, I'm genuinely sorry for hurting you. I'm very fond of you, which is why I was confused by what looked to be your support of people opposed to taking measures that can help us all.

As stated, the last thing I wanted was to cause you any stress or upset. I get the impression there's probably crossed wires somewhere here.

That said, since you're intent on being spiteful when I was trying to understand what you meant, my claws are bitten down to bleeding point from working in a college full of kids who refuse to mask up or obey social distancing - when asked to do so, they say it doesn't matter because it's only old people like us who die from it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    My personal belief is that respect needs to be earned, and cannot be earned by supporting practices which are actively harmful to others. I certainly agree that insults shouldn't play a part, but I think it's important to exercise our critical faculties.
    I agree respect has to be earned too but we all have our weaknesses.

Why would being able to talk mean you support it? We have to live alongside and work with people we may not like but we can still support them during tough times. Otherwise aren't we just writing people off too easily? Creating a black & white argument? There are people on here who's beliefs do not align with mine but it doesn't stop me supporting them.

Admittedly there has to be limits.

I appreciate your apology, unfortunately words have already been received that are of a delicate nature.
    The offer of messaging you is thoughtful, unfortunately I am still waiting for a reply from you over a month ago.

Just for the record, I try to support all people in need where mental health is concerned whether I agree with their principles or not as their are always reasons why people act as they do, but I draw the line at personal attacks that are of a delicate nature that affect my well-being.

Nope it quite clearly declassifies it as of serious harm it does not consider a compared to, in the text.

No personal attack was intended, and I'm sorry I'm sometimes bad at keeping up conversations. It's not you, it's just something I struggle with.

With respect, I'm ducking out now, because I'm also hurting quite badly.

great suggestion, so your idea of support is, I don't believe the same as you, so get your support somewhere else...nice...

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information